syphon recorder

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User syphon recorder

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    bangnoise
    Keymaster

Both VDMX and Resolume need you to specifically enable Syphon

In VDMX

Plugins tab of the Workspace Inspector > + > Syphon Output then check the box for the layer you want to send.

In Resolume

Resolume menu > Preferences > Video > check the Syphon box

markegould
    Participant

Thanks very much! I forgot to ask about Modul8.. although there appears to be a direct render to disk setting in that app.. can Syphon be enabled there. Appreciate bearing with the silly questions….

markegould
    Participant

I’ve been searching around and see where you’ve pointed out in another post that VDMX has its own Movie Recorder, although I just have the demo version and have not gotten it to work (perhaps it’s disabled…) and also see that Modul8 has a record to disk function which is just fine.

I have checked the settings in Resolume, yet in the Syphon recorder still nothing shows up as a source and there is no 0utput. Perhaps I’m missing the point that it’s necessary to to have Syphon QC plugins and perhaps Syphon QC patches for all of this to work?

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Nothing else need be installed. If you have the Syphon checkbox marked in Avenue like this, and nothing is happening, try posting to the Resolume forum for help.

The VDMX record function should work. If you’re having problems with that use the built-in bug-reporter in VDMX (Help > Report Bug).

In Modul8, use Output > Syphon (or command-Y).

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.