v002 Optical Flow is port of Andrew Bensons HS Flow implementation on the GPU.
Optical Flow allows realtime analysis of the motion within a series of frames of video. This determines the movement and direction vectors of pixels over time. Using optical flow allows you to use video as a ‘data source’ for image effects, allowing you to distort, displace, or blur images or video frames based motion in other video frames.
v002 Optical Flow consists of:
v002 Optical Flow
GPU based Horn-Schunke Optical Flow Implementation – ported with permission from Andrew Benson
v002 Glitch Optical Flow Distort
Image Distort via Optical Flow input – ported with permission from Andrew Benson
v002 Glitch Optical Flow Blur
Image Bluring via Optical Flow input
- Fix compatibility with issue “Color Matrix” patch and friends
- Fix color fidelity issues with Quartz Composer host applications rendering to output colorspaces other than GenericRGB/GenericRGBLinear
- Fix potential incompatibility with host applications using Garbage Collection
- Fix potential initialization issue
- Fix potential dealloc issue
- Remove unnecessary function calls.
- Fix regression/bug with “Render In Image” Macro support.
- Support for 10.6 Snow Leopard and Quartz Composer 4.0. 32 and 64 bit Intel
- Backwards compatible with 10.5 and Quartz Composer 3.0, Intel & PPC