v002 Screen Capture allows you to capture your entire desktop, or a portion of it, to an image and further process it within Quartz Composer or supported host applications. This can be used to sample other application’s windows as a source input for post processing, texture mapping on to models, etc.
Sample Modul8, Processing, Flash, Unity3D, Blender, Torque, Jitter, GEM, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Terminal, or any other Mac OS X application with a GUI live in realtime, and mix them in Quartz Composer, VDMX, Coge, or your Quartz Composer host of choice.
v002 Screen Capture is fully GPU accelerated, and therefore is very fast. It is possible to capture greater than HD resolutions in realtime at 60fps.
Version 2.0 has some new features, specifically capture screen selection, interactive window selection, and capture area visualization.
Please note that v002 Screen Capture 2.0.1 does not support Mac OS X 10.5 or Quartz Composer 3.0 due to use of new 10.6 only technologies. Version 1.0 is still available for download
v002 Screen Capture does not work with MacOS 10.7 Lion. goto10 has posted an app in the comments which does Screen Capture via Syphon.
- Fix architecture of background helper to support Core Duo/Core Solo 32 bit only systems
- Add optional parameter to allow or limit capture bounds to remove off screen glitch
- Code cleanup
- Fix embarrassing math exception causing crash with some options enabled
- Fix IOSurface leak
- Increase reliability of background helper application
- Increase reliability of plugin IOSurface handling
- Support for image output in Quartz Composer editor
- Added capturing on screens other than the main screen
- Added interactive window selection
- Added capture area visualization
- Added optional window title bar clipping
- Fix colorspace to exactly match monitor color calibration, no unintentional color shifts
- Initial Release