jit.gl.syphon externals max/msp/jitter

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User jit.gl.syphon externals max/msp/jitter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    superjlounge
    Participant

Hello, Thank you for the amazing syphon library.

I’m trying to include the jit.gl.syphon externals in a standalone app which works great until it comes to codesigning and notarizing for Catalina 10.15.

The app’s syphon still works after codesigning but fails after notarizing? I’m getting this error in the Max Console –

“jit.gl.syphonserver: Could not create Syphon Server.. bailing”

I’ve tried everything within the codesign world.. –deep, no –deep with entitlements, without etc..

I’m building on Mojave 10.14.6 with Max 8.1.3.

Thank You,
    S

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Difficult to diagnose without an Xcode project. Are you using Xcode’s Archive > Distribute toolchain for signing and notarizing, or doing it manually? Make sure everything you bundle only has x64 binaries – you might need to use lipo from the command line to strip 32-bit sections (or rebuild them from source).

superjlounge
    Participant

Hello Bangnoise, I’m doing things manually in terminal. I can get my app codesigned and notarised.

I’ve used lipo to strip anything with i386, not much there to be honest.

Thx, S

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Can you post the commands you’re using to perform codesigning?

superjlounge
    Participant

Hey, I’ve found the problem, well at least for know. I’ve removed any sandboxing and that has done the trick. I’ll not be distributing thru the App Store so this is not needed. It would be nice to sort the sandboxing at some point tho’.

This is the codesigning –

codesign -s “Developer ID Application: xxxx xxxx (xxxx)” –options runtime –timestamp –force –entitlements /Volumes/HD/Applications/entitlements.plist

Thx,
    S

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Oh yes sorry, I should have started with that – Syphon doesn’t work in Sandboxed apps at present. Obviously we’re hoping to fix that in the future.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.