syphon recorder

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User syphon recorder

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    dimitre
    Participant

Amazing software!
    suggestion: it would be nice if the software could recognize syphon dimensions and used this as default for recording (1:1 scale)

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Amazing software!

Cheers!

suggestion: it would be nice if the software could recognize syphon dimensions and used this as default for recording (1:1 scale)

Yep, this is something we have planned.

hcgilje
    Participant

@bangnoise
    sorry I havent had the time to do any more testing the last week, just too busy with other stuff, but will give the last beta a try this weekend hopefully.

jersmi
    Participant

Love this and it’s working well.
    FR’s:
    OSC/MIDI.
    Filename/indexing. (Pref or via Syphon server name).

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Filename/indexing. (Pref or via Syphon server name).

what?

jersmi
    Participant

I want to be able to choose my own file name for files recorded. For example, right now I am experimenting a lot and creating a bunch of recordings with the recorder. I’m exploring an immediate record / playback scenario for live performance. Right now I need to keep dragging files out of the folder if I wish to not have them play through the Directory Scanner in Quartz Composer. As a result I end up with a bunch of duplicate file names. If I could set filename in Quartz Composer then I could address the issue.

Also, fyi, I am having a bit of intermittent buggy behavior, recorder screen flashing black or recording black, requiring restart of QC and Syphon Recorder. I’m using a ps3eye with the custom Open Frameworks macam driver on a Macbook Pro running 10.6.7. All in all it is working pretty well. I’d like it to be more solid, of course. Question: I find that about 50% of the time I have to turn off/on the QC viewer after record to get everything to stabilize and play correctly. Could this be a Syphon issue? I was thinking QC issue, but I don’t know. I want continuous playback as files are added, so having to to turn off the viewer is undesirable.

Thanks for everything.

Edit: how do I change my avatar? I’ve gotten used to looking for a pic. 🙂

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Ah got you. Would your problem be solved if for any app/server name combo, the numbers we append only ever increment (ie don’t reset when you remove files from the folder), or if we simply appended date and time?

Do you see solid output from your ps3eye setup in QC if you don’t involve Syphon, and do you ever get the behaviour without the ps3eye involved? Is your Syphon Server in QC sending the OpenGL Scene or an Image? If you can reproduce it without the ps3 hardware then it’ll be easier to track down…

…and uh, gravatar.com I think, I find it a bit spooky…

jersmi
    Participant

Dang, I already wrote a response but must not have sent the post. Anyway, either solution you suggest for file naming would work for me.

Re: ps3eye / macam, once again this is intermittent behavior. Mostly works fine. When it does happen it appears to happen simultaneously in the QC Viewer and the Syphon Recorder window. It appears to only happen while using Syphon. Syphon Server is sending Image. Since this is my first go with Syphon, I’ll keep you updated. Seeking stability for real time performance is my main issue.

Exciting tools!

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Stability is something we’re keen on too! It would be good to get to the bottom of this and find out if it is a problem with Syphon. How reliably can you reproduce it/how often does it happen?

jersmi
    Participant

I need a day or two to investigate. I’m building in QC, too, so it’s unfair to point fingers just yet. Let you know.

jersmi
    Participant

Been working okay over here. I think I may have an issue scanning the Directory Scanner in QC that may have set off Syphon Recorder with the flashing / recoding to black. Still investigating.

jersmi
    Participant

Hello. Checking on the progress for file naming, et al.
    Question: if I set up motion detection in Quartz Composer, is there a way to trigger record?

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Thanks for the prod into action. I’ve just posted beta 5.

Question: if I set up motion detection in Quartz Composer, is there a way to trigger record?

I’d try sending a midi note out of QC and using MidiStroke (http://www.charlie-roberts.com/midiStroke/) to convert it to command-control-R. I haven’t tried this, but should work.

jersmi
    Participant

Yay! And midiStroke, too. Charlie Roberts — props to him. Just a few days ago I discovered his iphone app Control, then discovered the rest of his stuff, which I like a lot. Now here…. Charlie Roberts is taking over! Thank you and thank you!

gavspav
    Participant

@bangnoise Sorry lost track of this thread – just come back to it though and yes the latest beta does work on my machine (see further up thread, hackintosh, 10.6.3)

Nice one, good work!

micrem73
    Participant

First of all, Syphon Recorder is great, and Syphon is magic.

Then, a request.
    I wish to use Syphon Recorder to record input from a simple QC, that grabs video input and send to a Syphon Server.. and this works.
    Video input comes from a Firweire Canopus ADVC-55, to wich is connected a suirvellance camera. And this works too.

What i’d like to do, is to record audio plugged into ADVC-55 in the recorded movie; but Syphon Recorder doesn’t allow me to select an audio source, neither record automatically the audio flow.

QTRecorder does the latter: i can’t select the audio source, but as i select ADVC55 as video input, automatically records the audio flow that comes form it also.

Is it possible to add this feature?

thanks
    mic

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Hi mic

Possible perhaps, but not a priority – only sources which show up as audio devices for the moment.

This might be something BoinxTV could do?

vargasz
    Participant

hi i made some -720p intermediate -movies from my coge
    and there is some furious thing with it cos its wapped by final cut only the real frames/ 25 fps so its shorter
    but i really want just crop it and add some music and at the render its from arrond 4 min till 4 30
    but i want some different part as seen in the preview :] from 7 10 to 7 40

vade
    Keymaster

I have no idea what you are asking, or saying – apologies if English is not your first language, but can you try to be a bit more clear and specific?

From what I can gather, It sounds like Final Cut is not seeing the full length of your movie. That sounds like how you are importing it into your Final Cut Pro project. If you are using FCPX, you are out of luck.

Does Quicktime play it back correctly?

j0hnd0e
    Participant

Hi,

I Have to make 2 or 3 synchronized record of different server…

Any way to do it?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.