unstable syphon client in max

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User unstable syphon client in max

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hcgilje
    Participant

Hi,
    I am getting very unreliable results for jit.gl.syphonclient lately.It seems very unpredictable if it will connect to a server or not, and it often breaks when switching between servers with the familiar error:
    jit.gl.syphonclient could not attach to FBO
    jit.gl.texture: error disabling texture unit: GL Error: Invalid operation
    This is later often followed by crashes. I started to get these problems when playing around with jit.gl.node, but not sure if it is related. I am testing this on a 6.0.7 beta, mac 10.6.8.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by hcgilje.
    bangnoise
    Keymaster

Can you check you’re running the latest version of the Syphon external and post a patch which reproduces the problem if it persists.

Syphon for Jitter Public Beta 2 r2.dmg

hcgilje
    Participant

I am running the latest beta (when I do get info on the max objects it says version 5.1.1, but it´s from the public beta 2 r2 dmg).
    I am able to reproduce quite regularly just using the built in syphonclient helpfile and syphonserver helpfile and the simple server app to keep it simple.
    When I switch syphon source in the max-syphonclient between the max-syphonserver and the simpleserver app, at some point one of the sources turn black, and I get the error messages reported earlier. Sometimes when I then switch back to the other source it works again, sometimes not. The only way to get it to work again is to quit max and open it again.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by hcgilje.
    secretkillerofnames
    Participant

Can I confirm this is still an issue?

Using Coge 1.4.0.1 and Max 6.0.7 I get a constant stream of the following in the Max window with the syphonclient helpfile open.

jit.gl.syphonclient could not attach to FBO

jit.gl.texture: error disabling texture unit: GL Error: Invalid operation

chrs

][oyd

vade
    Keymaster

secretkillerofnames: Are you getting crashes, or are you simply seeing those errors in the max console?

Are you using the latest release of the Jitter objects? Can you re-create with Simple Server + Max ?

hcgilje
    Participant

Not sure if this is 100% related, but I think this is related to an annoying bug in max 6.0.7. At least I have run into this issue quite often lately, also without syphon being used, where I get a stream of error messages before it crashes:
    jit.gl.fbo: unsupported framebuffer format!
    jit.gl.fbo: error initializing capture

I reported this to the max beta list two weeks ago and they are working on a fix for this.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by hcgilje.
    vade
    Keymaster

Yea. Ive shown this code to JKC and some others on the Jitter page (in passing, not in super detail), and have not gotten much response as to this issue. Ive also attempted to just give them the Syphon for Jitter source so they can package, validate, and include Syphon stock (which would be nice). Alas, no progress on any of those fronts 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.