trying to write Syphon server code in c++ header

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User trying to write Syphon server code in c++ header

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    interwebjill
    Participant

I am using the Syphon framework to serve video frames to a client. There is one line of code I need to use to serve the frames through the server, and I am stuck trying to write it into my c++ code.

The Syphon documentation here gives this example:

[myServer publishFrameTexture:myTex textureTarget:GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_EXT imageRegion:NSMakeRect(0, 0, width, height) textureDimensions:NSMakeSize(width, height) flipped:NO];

How do I incorporate this into my c++ header? I have set my xcode compiler flags so that “Other C Flags” are set to “-x objective-c” and “Other C++ Flags” to “-x objective-c++”.

To give some context the rest of my code currently looks like this (and it builds):

class OpencvMat2Syphon {

// hack to call glut to create opengl context (one only so they don't wipe out each other)
            static bool haveGLContext;
            uint texId;
            CGLContextObj ctx;
            static SyphonServer *syphonServer;

public:

OpencvMat2Syphon() {

if (!haveGLContext) {
                    char* str[1];  // glut hack for faking passing CLI parameters from main
                    int argc = 1;
                    str[0] = "app";
                    glutInit(&argc, str);
                    glutCreateWindow("imageGrabber");
                    glutDisplayFunc([]{});
                    glutHideWindow();
                    haveGLContext = true;
                }

ctx = CGLGetCurrentContext();
                std::cout << "cgl context: " << ctx << std::endl;
                SyphonServer *syphonServer = [[SyphonServer alloc] initWithName:@"imageGrabberOutput" context:ctx options:nil];

glGenTextures(1, &texId);

glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texId);
                glTexEnvf( GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_REPLACE );
                glTexParameterf( GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_NEAREST );
                glTexParameterf( GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_NEAREST );
            }

~OpencvMat2Syphon() {
                glDeleteTextures(1, &texId);
            }

uint getTexId() {
                return texId;
            }

void uploadTexture(cv::Mat mat) {

glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texId);
                // can do swizzling/channel-flipping here? see https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenGL-Refpages/gl4/html/glTexImage2D.xhtml
                glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGB8, mat.cols, mat.rows, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, mat.data);

// ??            [syphonServer publishFrameTexture:texId textureTarget:GL_TEXTURE_2D imageRegion:NSMakeRect(0, 0, 1280, 720) textureDimensions:NSMakeSize(1280, 720) flipped:NO];

}
        };

bool OpencvMat2Syphon::haveGLContext = false;
    vade
    Keymaster

What you need to do use leverage Obj-C++ and make a shim class that bridges your C++ and your Obj-C code, so you can safely call this C++ interface from your C++ app.

Typically you do this by:

Make an Obj-C++ wrapper which holds the pure Obj-C classes, state and methods you need.

You make a pure C++ class which wraps those that Obj-C++ class and only in private interfaces (ie, not public facing in headers etc) the Obj-C code (this isolates your pure C++ land from Obj-C bullshit, memory management and headers)

Then you call your C++ as normal.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.