texture from jitter appears in recorder but not in vdmx

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User texture from jitter appears in recorder but not in vdmx

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    crx091081gb
    Participant

I have a texture from jitter of some 3d geometry that I’m trying to export via syphon to overlay with some other footage in VDMX. I have blendmode 1 7 so the alpha channel works right when compositing in VDMX. The problem starts when I try use the FXAA.jxs shader in jit.gl.slab before sending it to syphon, it appears fine when I use the FXAA shader when I use Syphon Recorder to look at it but the texture doesn’t show in VDMX.

When I delete the jit.gl.slab with FXAA.jxs and connect the syhpon server directly to the jit.gl.node I’m capturing to it appears fine in VDMX (but with the jaggies). Any ideas?

vade
    Keymaster

Whats the blend mode you are using in VDMX? Any effect chains? FXAA might do weird shit to the alpha channel?

crx091081gb
    Participant

Yeh you were right the fxaa jxs was dumping the alpha channel completely, that explains that.

vade
    Keymaster

You could potentially edit the shader to ensure gl_FragColor.a is the same as the input texture’s alpha, or look at the antialiasing logic and ensure it is working, or alternatively use v002 FXAA inside of VDMX

crx091081gb
    Participant

In the end I made a shader to map the a channel to the rgb channels of a second texture and ran a second FXAA on the that before mapping the result back to the alpha of the texture from the first FXAA. Gave me smooth looking results but is probably not the most efficient way of doing it.

I tried compiling v002 FXAA and using it through quartzcomposer but I couldn’t get it to work, just gave a black output. It compiled fine… I might have another go as it would be nice to have FXAA working in VDMX.

vade
    Keymaster

Be sure you compile 64 and 32 bit in release mode. VDMX is 32 bit, by default Xcode builds Debug which is native architecture only, : 64 bit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.