SyphonInject

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Development – Developer SyphonInject

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    zakk
    Participant

I just thought everyone here might be interested in the rough/proof of concept syphon-related work I just published.

The readme in the github project is probably the best thing to describe it (and I don’t want to type all that again) so here’s the link:

https://github.com/zakk4223/SyphonInject

Hopefully more interesting things to come 😉

vade
    Keymaster

This is awesome. That was actually a route I researched when first attempting Syphon, but figured doing it as a framework and opt-in was nicer, but thats beautiful!

Well done zakk – badass.

vade
    Keymaster

Out of curiosity, what changes to the Syphon framework did you need to make? I see you have a local version of the framework in your project.

zakk
    Participant

I needed to replace the server’s CGLContext on the fly, so I added a method to do that and set a flag so the next bind regenerates the FBO/IOSurface.

Brian Chasalow
    Participant

I think that’d be a useful feature, actually… the Unity implementation would like that.

bangnoise
    Keymaster

If clients picked up subsequent identical servers would that work for you both? You would simply create a new server for your new context, and clients would transition to that.

Brian Chasalow
    Participant

that would also work, i think? the idea is to have clients not lose the connection when a context changes and the server has to be rebuilt.

zakk
    Participant

Yeah, that would be fine for me too.

I did a bit more work and got Scripting Additions based injection working, so now you can just launch an app and choose a process and inject it. No need to use the command line.

I put it all into a package installer, which you can grab here: http://krylon.rsdio.com/zakk/syphoninject/SyphonInject-current.zip

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.