Syphon VDMX

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    leaf
    Participant

Hi there,

Been surfing aound trying to find an answer but struggling to figure out how I am supposed to use Syphon out of VDMX.

The Client and Server see each other fine.

Any documentation I find on VDMX says to add a Syphon plugin via the ‘Workspace Inspector’… but for the life of me I can’t even find the Workspace inspector, let alone Syphon in VDMX.

Any tips on how to set this up? I can record out of Millumin and Quartz easy enough…

Apologies for the lame question.

Running the latest version of VDMX on 10.6.8, latest MBP.

Cheers

vade
    Keymaster

Are you using Beta 8 of VDMX, or 7.x?

Syphon is built in to Beta 8, but in Beta 7, you need to install the Syphon QC Plugin, and then the VDMX qcFX.

But, you should use Beta 8, its linked in the forums if you are a registered user. Its much better in every way.

leaf
    Participant

OK. Got it.

Confusing thing was is that beta 8 looks ‘older’ than beta 7.

Why’d they go for an entire GUI change?

vade
    Keymaster

Ask them. I think its a lot nicer myself. Workflow is nicer imo.

leaf
    Participant

Cool, cheers for the tips.

leaf
    Participant

Mental. Syphon is dope. I’d been using iShowUHD prior to this – but this is off the charts. Will change my workflow forever. Just threw a donation your guys way. Top work!

bLackburst
    Participant

WTF. How are you guys donating? I’ve been trying that link for months. Maybe it’s my browser

bangnoise
    Keymaster

@bLackburst – This is a bug it sounds like we should fix! Which link isn’t working for you?

bLackburst
    Participant

This link: http://v002.info/?page_id=33
    It actually says “insert paypal link here”. I sent an email to vade a while ago but didn’t get a follow up. Is there a different link?

bangnoise
    Keymaster

http://syphon.v002.info/ at the bottom of the page for Syphon donations.

We’ll fix the v002 link – thanks for the heads-up.

yagama
    Participant

Hi Vade,
    first of all, thanks to both of you for making this available, and for the great stuff you’ve done to everyone’s benefit – I am a big fan of your plugins.
    Being a bit behind the curve technologically, I’ve only switched to VDMX8 recently and I still haven’t figured it out completely. I need to record something out of the older version but, again, slow me – the qc package I got from the syphon web site doesn’t have the vdmx7 plugin. I assume it’s not there because it’s sort of obsolete with the 8 and all, but still, can I get it from somewhere, please? Big thanks!
    yagama

bangnoise
    Keymaster

The old QC download is at

http://syphon.v002.info/downloads/old-public-beta-1/Syphon%20for%20Quartz%20Composer.dmg

Take only the qcFX for VDMX 7 from that, but continue to use the current Syphon QCPlugIn.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.