Syphon Screengrabbing

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Syphon Screengrabbing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    usefuldesign.au
    Participant

I went to the Syphon Implementations SVN linked page for the Xcode Syphon Screen Capture but I couldn’t find it. Does anybody have a built version of the Syphon Screen Capture Beta? Or a link to the Xcode but I’m in a hurry and desperate so .app is best option for me I’m an Xcode newb ๐Ÿ™‚

Any report backs, I’m looking to capture the video from a Skype video call โ€”ย i would use CamTwist but I am already using it to send to Flash Media Live Encoder and my testing shows you can’t successfully run CamTwist in two instances, they interfere with each others Virtual Camera.

bangnoise
    Keymaster

It’s on SVN (look harder) but doesn’t work with MacOS 10.7 or 10.8 IIRC. If you’re on 10.8, you could build the v002 Media Tools Quartz Composer plugin and couple that with the Syphon QC plugin – or just pull the relevant code from that and roll your own Syphon server app if you’re comfortable doing that.

alaor vieira
    Participant

omeone help please .. I work with MODULO8 Madmapper 2.6.4 and 1.2, are unfortunately cracked, formatted my mac when configured again SYPHON of Modul8 not work anymore .. can someone help me please

vade
    Keymaster

Are you fucking kidding me? You run cracked software and you want help making it work, from people who provide you free software?

*sigh*

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by vade.
    usefuldesign.au
    Participant

Thanks Toby. I ended up using BonixTVs Screen Capture worked reasonably well. I’ve noticed both it and CamTwists Desktop+ feature both require you to have all apps involved in patching video with ducktape to be on the active desktop. As an old Spaces user (now Mission Control in 10.7+) I was bamboozled for a while that capturing wasn’t working as I had Skype, CamTwist, Bonix TV and Flash Media Live Encoder all on separate Desktop Spaces which hosed the whole thing. Be interesting if Syphon Screen Capture can work ‘off-screen’ as it were but I guess it’s unlikely the GPU will hold textures for desktops other than the currently active one.

I’m on 10.7.2 so does that rule out v002 Media Tools?

vade
    Keymaster

Yeah, the screen capture in there is 10.8 only :\

usefuldesign.au
    Participant

I’m avoiding 10.8 at least until it’s had a couple of updates based on general experience of 10.n.0 releases.ย And also because I use so many Kineme plugins and only File Tools has been updated for 10.8 so far IIANM with no stated plans for them to upgrade the others for 10.8 compatibility.

Makes it hard though when latest MBPs can’t have a 10.7 install b/c of the Apple Way. I doubt this is like dropping floppy drives and suspect this is more like Apple refusing Siri on the non iPhone4S models even though the 4 has pretty much the same chips and is CPU capabilities as the 4S.

vade
    Keymaster

Well, to be fair to Apple, the new Retina MBP’s do support a ton of shit that the old OS wont be able to use, stuff they dont advertise that well, like hardware accelerated AES instruction sets, which FileVault can use so that encryption works super fast, and almost 0 cost to the CPU.

Same for the new Airplay Mirroring APIs. 10.8 does leverage hardware in ways 10.7 can’t. *shrug*

usefuldesign.au
    Participant

Thanks for those observations, Vade makes me fell a bit better ๐Ÿ™‚ I guess not allowing an old OS on a new MBP is not the same as disabling new iOS features on less than latest iPhone devices too. Kinda opposite actually ๐Ÿ˜‰

The turn around on OS X of one major upgrade a year is getting a bit rapid when it means leaving so many behind each upgrade. Would be okay if Apple actually kept QC up to snuff with latest OSโ€ฆ

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.