Syphon Recorder Error “The operation couldn’t be completed. No such file or directory”

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Syphon Recorder Error “The operation couldn’t be completed. No such file or directory”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pixls
    Participant

While trying to record a composition using the openGL environment settings on the Quartz patch and the syphon recorder app I kept getting this error:

I’ve tried changing the directory to which the file saves, deleting the programs preferences, and deleting the recorder app and reinstalling it. Has anyone else had this problem before?

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Weird. Can you take a screenshot of Recorder’s prefs window? Was it working previously?

pixls
    Participant

Yeah, weird. I tried using it later for a different composition and it worked alright, but when I tried to do the other one again just now it didn’t work again, so I think it might be this composition or possibly the fact that I’m recording portrait oriented video?

Anyway here’s a screenshot of the prefs https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6919958/images/Screen%20shot%202012-06-21%20at%2010.29.03%20AM.png

pixls
    Participant

WAIT I FIGURED IT OUT
    I appear to have used a “/” in the name field of the syphon server patch which caused the recorder to try and create a file using a / in the name.
    problem solved
    (for anyone else that has this derpy problem, you will need to quit syphon and reopen it before it works)

vade
    Keymaster

Ah. Thanks for following up. We can fix that by cleaning up the file path before saving. Good to find little things like this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.