February 12, 2016 at 3:58 pm #59120
Hey there! Firstly, I love Syphon, and what you’ve done is completely amazing.
I just wanted to let you know that I’ve run across what seems to be a bug in Syphon Recorder that’s only been happening since I upgraded my system to 10.11/El Capitan yesterday. To repro:
1. Launch Simple Server (or any other Syphon Source) first.
2. Launch Syphon Recorder next, and start recording Simple Server’s output.
3. Notice that the screen doesn’t contract vertically like it used to (seems to fail to do this 70% of the time), so the Syphon stream is still shown in the window while capturing.
4. Clicking the stop recording button will cause a quite noticeable delay. Sometimes this results in the video showing up in Quicktime Player and sometime it results in OSStatus error -2020 with no movie saved.
I’d love to help out however I can. I’m a developer, so I was looking for the source of the Recorder to see what might be the problem, but I’m not sure it’s open-source. Has anyone else encountered this, or knows anything I can do to work around it? Thanks!
February 12, 2016 at 5:54 pm #59122
- This topic was modified 5 years ago by jgrl. Reason: Image embedding didn't seem to work!
Thanks for the report – something does seem to be awry on 10.11. I’ll take a look at it. Recorder is closed source – for better or worse 😉February 12, 2016 at 6:02 pm #59124
Wonderful, that’s great to hear – thank you for looking into it! 😀April 12, 2016 at 11:32 pm #59144jonraParticipant
Yes, I too love Syphon Recorder and have inherited the El Capitan 10.11 Record issue, any solutions ?June 5, 2016 at 4:34 pm #59169drostevParticipant
Any word on whether this bug is still a problem? It is currently one of the few concerns blocking my upgrade path.June 16, 2016 at 8:19 am #59181June 16, 2016 at 9:03 am #59182
Fantastic work – I’ve been using it this morning and haven’t had any more issues with it on 10.11! Of course I’ll post here if I do experience anything, but it is already way more stable than it was in version 13.June 18, 2016 at 12:21 pm #59184
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.