Syphon in Yosemites' quicktime X 10.4

Home Forums v002 v002 QC Plugins Support Syphon in Yosemites' quicktime X 10.4

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gianniskarmas
    Participant

Dear Anton, Dave, Tom and all other skillful people…

I am in need of making a Syphon Client enabled qtz file to render video out through quicktime v10.4 in Yosemite 10.10.1.

This is because the software I use allows movies to be played only through quicktime’s engine and want to get a syphon feed in as to visualise my VDMX output.

I have tried anything I can think off (billboard, sprite, 3D transform, Render as Image, export as mov) but can’t figure out why this always outputs black.
    Quicktime plays any non Syphon qtz perfectly though.

Is there any simple answer of why this is happening or any fix?

Thank you in advance,
    John

vade
    Keymaster

Quicktime doesnt load non-safe patches as a security policy. So any 3rd party patches won’t load in Applications that load QTZ’s via old Quicktime calls, and don’t support Quartz Composer’s native API directly.

I know, its nuances and complicated.

If I recall, Kineme makes a “Safe Mode” hack patch, I forget the name, but it might work under 10.10. I’ve not tried it.

I hope I am recalling the details correctly. Let me know if that information is helpful. I’d ping the Quartz Composer Facebook group for details on that Kineme hack to enable Non safe patches in “safe mode”.

Annoying :X

gianniskarmas
    Participant

Thank you Anton for your fast reply,

Yes, this is very helpful and I would really appreciate anything else you could find on this.

I already clean installed Mavericks and this limitation is not a Yosemite only problem. Willing to try any hack available as to make it work 🙂

Best,
    John

vade
    Keymaster

This has been in place since Quartz Composer 3rd party patches were first introduced. Its not new.

Just ask on Facebook or on Kineme.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.