Syphon cropping issue

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Syphon cropping issue

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    aoxleysm
    Participant

I am trying to import video into Resolume 4 via the Syphon function. Syphon is cropping the image and sending it to Res that wayt, basically cutting it down to 1/4 of the actual size.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by vade.
    bangnoise
    Keymaster

This is almost certainly happening in whatever application you’re sending from – perhaps because some apps have different settings for Syphon output than regular output – what is it?

aoxleysm
    Participant

I’m using airbeam for live feed. Any suggestions?

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Works for me but as you’ve given us almost no details it’s hard to know where to begin:

Which Resolume product?
    Which AirBeam product(s) and device(s)?

readydestroy
    Participant

I have the same issue with my Macbook Pro Retina going from Airbeam to VDMX or Madmapper really any Syphon client.  But on my Late 2008 MacBook Pro it does work.

I tested Airbeam with my iPhone4s, iPhone 5, and also iPad2.  All crop.

I emailed airbeam but they said they could not reproduce the issue.

@aoxleysm
    What is your system?

bangnoise
    Keymaster

I’d suggest you both pursue this with Airbeam – Syphon is just passing on the frame Airbeam gives it, without making any modifications.

readydestroy
    Participant

I am working with them now.  I will post a solution if one if found. Thanks!

vade
    Keymaster

I saw this too. The issue is they dont up-rez for retina resolution, so they send a screen size frame in points, not retina “scalefactor 2” pixels.

aoxleysm
    Participant

@readydestroy did you find a solution with this? It does not work with the new Mac Retina’s clearly as it did work on my older mac as well.

bangnoise
    Keymaster

I haven’t tested this, but you could try doing “Get Info” on Airbeam in the Finder, and checking “Open in Low Resolution” – that might force it to use the correct dimensions.

vlad
    Participant

This works: drag Airbeam UI to external monitor (not Retina), it will then send correct Syphon output. I use same output as beamer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.