Syphon and Processing, super beginner questions

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Syphon and Processing, super beginner questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chako
    Participant

Hi all!

I am using Processing with MadMapper (a projection mapping program) via syphon. I already found the code (below) to get the processing talk to MadMapper via Syphon which works. BUT the thing is I have no idea how that works and therefore I can’t really customize my Processing sketch code.

What I kinda understand is that you have to create canvas to use syphon to talk to other program (like MadMapper). But what I don’t understand is that;

What is “import codeanticode.syphon.*;”?

Do you always have to write “PGraphics” before canvas? What is it?

If you can please let me know I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

import codeanticode.syphon.*;
    PGraphics canvas;
    SyphonServer server;

void setup() {
    size(400,400, P3D);
    canvas = createGraphics(400, 400, P3D);

// Create syhpon server to send frames out.
    server = new SyphonServer(this, “Processing Syphon”);
    }

vade
    Keymaster

Hi Chako

So, a lot of these are basic Processing questions likely better served on the processing forums, and not specific to Syphon.

Quickly,

import codeanticode.syphon.*;”?

This tells Processing to import the Syphon library for Processing to use. The codeanticode part is because that Syphon library was written by https://github.com/codeanticode 🙂

PGraphics is a variable type, processing graphics, its the ‘canvas’ type that Processing uses in this case.

Id suggest you hit up the processing forum and docs to understand how to configure /customize your drawing! Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.