syphon and Catalyst Pm

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User syphon and Catalyst Pm

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bernielomax
    Participant

hey hello
    I tried to load a qtz file into catalyst with syphon server on it and no go can you tell me if its even possible to do this?

hugs bern

bangnoise
    Keymaster

I don’t own Catalyst and their website seems to be mostly broken links, so I can’t find much information to give any definitive answers, but…

If they let you play Quatz Composer files and they don’t use “safe” mode to do it, then it should work. If the .qtz works in other applications but not Catalyst, they probably use “safe” mode which forbids the use of 3rd party plugins. I think there’s a Kineme plugin to work around that restriction, but that may introduce its own set of problems…

I’d ask the Catalyst folk, and request native Syphon support while you’re at it.

bernielomax
    Participant

thanks alot bangnois I allready did, and they didn’t respond.

as for the kineme stuff I don’t see syphon patch inside the safe-mode. 😉

bernielomax
    Participant

ok made it:
    use this in the command line:

defaults write com.apple.QuartzComposer.editor KCSafeModeOverride -dict-add ‘CatalystPM 4.40_m329_HD’ ‘( “QCPlugInPatch” )’

you have to use kinemeCore 0.52

bernielomax
    Participant

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7218/6896280258_036e714173_b_d.jpg[/img]

usefuldesign.au
    Participant

defaults write com.apple.QuartzComposer.editor KCSafeModeOverride -dict-add ‘CatalystPM 4.40_m329_HD’ ‘( “QCPlugInPatch” )’

Hi bernie

Could you explain this command. I want to use a Syphon client .qtz file inside Keynote but since I can’t ‘see’ it in KinemeCore I can’t make it safe.

THanks
    Alastair

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.