slow framerate simple syphon

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User slow framerate simple syphon

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    leolodreamland
    Participant

just running syphon simple server into resolume or vdmx and getting massive pauses intermittently. i’m on a brand new maxed out but refurbished 2012 rmbpro
    mavericks 10.9.4

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Hi

Please could you provide exact steps we can follow to reproduce the problem. Cheers

leolodreamland
    Participant

i run simple server then i syphon it into a single layer of either resolume or vdmx at 480p or 720p i get slowdown

vade
    Keymaster

Is this with a new project?

VDMX -> New Project.

Launch Simple Server

VDMX -> Media Bin -> Control Click -> Add From Built in Sources -> Syphon -> Simple Server.

Define slow down. How are you measuring no slowdown.

What is your monitor setup? Are you driving a ton of displays?

In other words, PLEASE READ THIS : https://www.mikeash.com/getting_answers.html

leolodreamland
    Participant

i didn’t leave anything out. ALL i’m doing is running a simple server into vdmx or resolume. new projects. NO displays. output slowing down to 1(one)fps. no slowdown equals smooth playback. with syphon the input equals the output. how do you define it?

leolodreamland
    Participant

it especially happens when i put an effect on. say i put v.002bleacbypass on at 0 intensity it happens badly. freezing for 3 or 4 seconds in between frames.

bangnoise
    Keymaster

I’m guessing you’re on an old version of Simple Server and the window is hidden when you switch to VDMX, which triggers an OS feature called AppNap on Mavericks.

Update from https://github.com/Syphon/Simple/releases and let us know if that solves the problem.

leolodreamland
    Participant

No it doesn’t seem to. Looks like it’s a vdmx thing. Managed to get simple server and z vector going into arena then mixed out to madmapper all syphoned all smooth. But one simple server and an effect into vdmx is just kaput. Everything is new I installed this laptop a week ago.

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Well then file a bug report from within VDMX – you could mention this thread in your report.

leolodreamland
    Participant

cheers. already done yesterday.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.