simple /stupid question processing & resolume with syphon

Home Forums v002 v002 QC Plugins Support simple /stupid question processing & resolume with syphon

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by BASF.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    souvenir
    Participant

hej guys – first of all i am really new to the whole theme, but i try quite hard to get into it.

i have a very simple question:
    i followed the developement of the integration of syphon in processing – and so far everything works great. (so my pocessing output is displayed in the simple client)

but for integrate the processig output in resolume i would need to have it in the syphon server, right? at least thats the content beeing displayed…

thanks in advance

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Hi

You need to tell the client in Resolume the name of your Processing server and/or the name of its app. If you’re using the FFGL client plugin then there are parameters for that. If you’re using a QC composition then you could publish the server and app name inputs to the client in the composition and they’ll show up in Resolume. If you’re not sure of the details then let us know how you’re doing it and we can do a screenshot of a working setup.

souvenir
    Participant

thanks for the quick and friendly reply!
    so, if i got you right i need to fill in here

img http://tillbeutling.de/files/ss_2.png

the name of the appl. the client should rely on. works fine if i type in e.g “simple server” – but what exactly needs to be filled in for processing?

img http://tillbeutling.de/files/ss_1.png

vade
    Keymaster

sketch_jun15a

souvenir
    Participant

… that easy.. i tried everything exept this one.
    but like i said – i am really not familar with the digital world.. yet.

thx u two – and sure: as well from my side: thank you so much for this powerful tool!

James

could you plseae give some post about live video and set it delay? and which is dslr camera support?

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Can’t decide if you’re a spam-bot James – could you repost in a new thread and ask a clear question if not?

BASF
    Participant

Yow,

Could someone tell me couple of simple things.

Im mixin videos with resolume3.
    Can I record the output using syphon recorder with resolume3?

I saw that its simple with resolume4 but how can I do it with resolume3?
    (Ive already downloaded syphon, but I dont know how to put output from resolume to syphon)

Thanks a lot for answers..

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Resolume 3 has no native Syphon support. If you don’t want to upgrade to 4, you can install the Syphon FFGL plugin (download) to have a server appear as an effect in Resolume.

BASF
    Participant

Hee,

thanks for reply.

I managed to record my output into syphon, but the result isnt too good. Its lagging a bit when I turn the record on. I was wondering if there is some way to make the recording better? Or is it just that my computer has not enough ram..

Im using MBP 2,4ghz , 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM and resolume 3.3.1

thanks..

bangnoise
    Keymaster

You probably don’t mean lagging. Do you see a low framerate in the resulting movie? If not, describe what happens.

What codec have you selected in Syphon Recorder? If you choose Syphon Recorder Help from the Help menu there are some tips about selecting an appropriate codec.

At a guess, it is likely that your disk is struggling to keep up. This will be the case if you are playing movies from the same disk as you are recording to. Try playing from or recording to a different drive.

BASF
    Participant

AllGood!

atleast I think so. I tried to record into an external hard disk and it seems that it records a smooth image as wanted. Thank you a lot! Very nice that somebody actually solved my problem.

Respect.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.