Show debug camera in unity Syphon

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Show debug camera in unity Syphon

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    loir
    Participant

How can I include the debug camera in the Syphon output of my Jnity standalone? I have a Leap motion scene and a kinect scene & both would benefit from the user input visualization that I can see in the standalone but not in Syphon. I tried a few things in the advanced server texture script but no luck.

Thanks for any help

Brian Chasalow
    Participant

Hmm, I don’t entirely follow. Why not just add a SyphonServerTexture script to each desired camera that you want to exist as a Syphon server?

loir
    Participant

Thanks for looking at this.

I’m trying to show everything I get in the standalone in one syphon server because I’m using madmapper and even with mad doubler, I only can have two Syphon servers at once, and I need the other one for Quartz Composer. I did try putting a server on the debug and bringing it into my quart patch and showing the debug camera as a client but it’s not ideal, and it made Quartz crash sometimes.

The server texture script has some code that shows the debug camera once, and like the way to show gui, maybe there is a way to show it permanently but in a smaller window? The debug camera now shows once but full screen, I think.
    This is what the unity standalone looks like with gui & debug camera in lower right. http://lorilanday.com/shadow/002.png

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by loir.
    Brian Chasalow
    Participant

Oh- basically you’d need to render your multiple cameras to different
    subsections of a rendertexture, and serve that rendertexture to Syphon.

I’ve done this before because mad doubler is awful, but i don’t have a generic solution for the problem. If i were you, i’d just use a particular camera as the ‘rendered composition’ which serves to syphon, then render the other cameras to rendertextures that display as planes in your scenes.

loir
    Participant

I didn’t know about render textures on planes, but I looked that up and see how it can work. Thanks! It will work for the Kinect, too, which doesn’t use debug camera to show the user’s information.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.