Record System Audio

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Record System Audio

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Casey_Scalf
    Participant

Is there a way to record the system audio easily within the Recorder app?

I feel I would get a better signal sometimes by recording the sytem sound rather than from the built in mic. Can this be put in as a feature request?

One work around I have found is using a male to male 1/8″ cable and running it from sound out to sound in on my 15″ 2011 MBP, this results in alright quality, but there’s gotta be a better way.

bangnoise
    Keymaster
    Casey_Scalf
    Participant

Thanks for the link. It did not install correctly after a few tries. I read into, sounds great.

However I’d like the Syphon Recorder App to be able to do this natively and not need another piece. Would it be fairly easy to add this to the program (Syphon Recorder) itself? I think this could be useful for several reasons.

I haven’t seen a listing for the source of it or I might dive in myself and give it a try.

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Soundflower is designed specifically for this purpose. I’ve used it in the last few months myself and it worked then, not sure I have any useful advice about installing it, sorry.

Recorder is closed source. I’m not keen to duplicate the work of Soundflower inside the app. I’d rather people used Soundflower.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.