Quartz Composition Flickers in Serato Video

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Quartz Composition Flickers in Serato Video

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    blackielox
    Participant

I’m using the Syphon Client example composition found in the quartz composer plugin package to bring video into Serato via Resolume. When active, you can periodically see the video go black for a split second, as opposed to playing smoothly. However it works fine when previewing in quartz composer.

My Macbook Pro specs are:
    2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor
    16 GB RAM (2 x Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333MHz)
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory

Is there any way I can get this to run smoothly?

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Just to be clear, are you sending from Serato Video to Resolume Avenue, using QC to send from Serato and Resolume’s built-in Syphon support?

If so, and the output is correct in any application apart from Resolume, contact Resolume for support. If I’ve misunderstood your problem, add more detail…

blackielox
    Participant

No, you got it reversed.

I’m sending video from Resolume into Serato Video. Serato Video does not have built-in Syphon support, but it does support Quartz Compositions which is why I’m using a quartz Syphon client.

So in a nutshell, I load the “SyphonClient.qtz” file into Serato Video and it pulls the video in from Resolume’s Syphon output.

vade
    Keymaster

Try sending from Simple Server – if that has an issue its likely Serato’s fault.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.