Pure Data / GEM implementation

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Development – Developer Pure Data / GEM implementation

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bit_synthesis
    Participant

Are there any plans to support Pure Data / GEM?

vade
    Keymaster

yes, 100%. I’ve looked at the GEM source and have discussed it with Hans Christoph, and want to have it for the final 1.0 release. Looking at how organized GEM code is, I suspect it will be rather trivial to port, to be honest.

Now that the SDK is available, the onus is not on ‘us’ to port it, but anyone can participate in making client and server implementations for whatever environment they wish.

bit_synthesis
    Participant

Fantastic. This is something I’ve dreamed about now and again so I’m excited to try it out. Thanks for creating it.

jesseScott
    Participant

Hi Vade…

I’ve just checked out the latest Revision (130) as I’m curious to look at the Pd/Darwin implementation.

I’m assuming that I need to build the syphon.pd_darwin xcode project, but am getting a number of errors, mainly that the project is not finding the Syphon and GemBase headers…

I’m not an XCode expert, but I’ve poked around it a bit… but am not sure about the project dependencies etc of building one of the implementations from source. I can’t seem to find any thread on that here…

And not sure that this is the right thread in the right part of the forum either, but as I’m (mainly) looking at the Pd implementation, I thought I’d post here…

Any thoughts/pointers/feedback welcome…

Regards,

~ Jesse

vade
    Keymaster

Hi jesse,

I linked to a compiled test binary of the plugin on my drop box, on the PD mailing list, you can find a working *server only* implementation here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42612525/pd-syphonserver.zip

jesseScott
    Participant

Cheers, thanks Vade. Will take a look.

(Was searching the Pd forum, but can’t deal with the level of the mailing list sometimes 😉 )

But, in terms of a thread here that talks about the basic project architecture/dependencies… is there anything ?

Regards,

~ Jesse

vade
    Keymaster

Yea, there is

I am referencing headers from PD extended. You can find the path in the Xcode Project via the Targets -> syphon.pd_darwin target, Get Info -> Build and then the Header Search Paths, which are currently set to:

"/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/include"

I also link to GEM.pd_darwin which is also found in the PD-extended app bundle, at :

"/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/extra/Gem/Gem.pd_darwin"

That ought to be it, the resulting target bundle is set to not require anything else. Unless I am forgetting something 🙂

Basically, install PD-Extended, and you should be ok, and the Xcode project should find what is needed to compile, or hack at the code.

Are you interested in contributing the the PD-GEM / Syphon plugin?

jesseScott
    Participant

Great, thanks again…

The server is working great with the Simple Client.

As for contributing, I’m interested, but not sure that I’m really the right person for the job… but I’ll keep my eye posted here for the time being…

vade
    Keymaster

Oh no worries, I was just curious since you seemed interesting in setting up compilation 🙂

Glad things are working!

jesseScott
    Participant

It’s a big hit at the PdBerlin meeting right now! w00t!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.