Processing through AirBeam conflicting in Resolume

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Processing through AirBeam conflicting in Resolume

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Digital Nature
    Participant

Hi all, I am totally new to this blog but have been ‘playing around’ with Processing and lately Syphon for quite a while now.

This could have a simple solution but I’ve searched everywhere and couldn’t find any answers to this problem. I have a SyphonClient in Processing getting an AirBeam camera input, doing some stuff to the image and sending it with a SyphonServer to Resolume.

The problem lies here. Up until I run Resolume the sketch in Processing works perfectly. After I start Resolume it works for a couple of minutes and it stops working properly. After this, I try to restart the sketch in Processing, but it gives me an error and can’t get it to work until I quit Resolume again.

I think the problem is that both the raw AirBeam camera input and the graphics sent from Processing are conflicting due to being on the same client in Resolume (maybe these need to be on different servers also, but how can I do this for AirBeam standalone?). If this is the problem, how can I create multiple clients in Resolume to receive both the raw live camera feed from AirBeam and the processed graphics passing from the same camera through Processing and Syphoned to Resolume? If this is not the problem, what’s going on? Can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for the long post, I just tried to be as specific as possible. Thanks again.

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Exactly what is the content of the error message you get in Processing?

Can you provide a Processing sketch which recreates the problem? I’m not sure I entirely understand your setup from the description.

Digital Nature
    Participant

Hi bangnoise,

I would like to apologize for not replying to this sooner, I was pretty busy working on other unrelated stuff. I hope you can still help me on this problem.

My setup is:
    AirBeam – Processing(using Syphon) – Resolume Arena

In simple (cos I might have confused you more trying to explain in that detail), when I use Processing alone the sketch works fine. When I use the same sketch with Resolume (through Syphon), after a couple of minutes the sketch stops working. When Resolume is on (with Airbeam working with Syphon), the sketch stops working.

Error in Processing Console:

2014-12-23 05:04:43.326 java[2495:258564] SYPHON DEBUG: SyphonClientConnectionManager: Registering for info updates
    2014-12-23 05:04:43.327 java[2495:258564] SYPHON DEBUG: SyphonClientConnectionManager: De-registering for info updates
    2014-12-23 05:04:43.327 java[2495:258564] SYPHON DEBUG: SyphonClientConnectionManager: Ending connection
    java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.media.opengl.GLException: Caught NullPointerException: null on thread AWT-EventQueue-0

Sketch Download

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.