No Audio Recorded using Serato DJ

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User No Audio Recorded using Serato DJ

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    durdeeradio
    Participant

Hello – I just installed Syphon Recorder on my MBP (OS X Yosemite 10.10.2) and configured according to the above.

Mixed videos records & plays back fine but no audio output. I have a NuMark NS7 controller running Serato DJ version 1.7.3.

“Numark USB Audio Device” was selected for the audio input in Syphon but Linear PCM and Quicktime or VLC don’t play the audio.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks in advance

durdeeradio
    Participant

I just tried to record video in “Offline” mode. I get audio when I select “Built In Mic’ as audio input. The only other option was “Unk Device”, which provided no audio output when selected.
    Also selected “Serato Video Post Mix” output

durdeeradio
    Participant
    durdeeradio
    Participant

Image of my MBP Version:

Image of Offline Preferences

Image of preferences when connected to NuMark NS7:

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Hi

Does anything get printed from Syphon Recorder to the console (in /Applications/Utilities/Console) when you start a recording with the Numark device? That might give me a clue to the problem.

mastak07
    Participant

I have recorded quite a few video mixes using syphon recorder and my work around for that is to route my rane/akai mixer outputs into my spare sl3 box and it comes up as an input into syphon recorder. I plug the sl3 in after the rane/akai is already up and running. This has been my work around recording video mixes to capture sound and audio in 1 take. The other work around is to record the mic and you monitor speakers and to press record within serato dj then use an app like Adobe premier to hot swap the aiff file Sdj makes with the crappy mic recording 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.