Max to Syphon Recorder Question

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Max to Syphon Recorder Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    valqed
    Participant

Hi All,

I have a video mixer/fx patch in max that currently displays its output in a window. The output window contains 2 video planes which sit on top of each other and may be mixed or keyed together.

I’m interested in capturing this “final out” using the Syphon Recorder.

I can easily get the texture which is displayed on either video plane to feed into the Syphon Server object individually and show up in the recorder.

I can’t get my head around how to get the full final output to go into the Syphon Server. I’ve never had to capture a rendering context as a texture. I tried a few things, but I must be doing something wrong.

Does anyone know specifically how to send this final out to the Syphon Server (then to the recorder)?

Thanks!!

Valentin

valqed
    Participant

Almost forgot. I can turn-off or re-route the final out when I am recording. i.e. It’s fine to not have the local window display as I am capturing over to Syphon Recorder. I can work with the patch, seeing the local window, then turn it off while recording. In fact that would be preferable assuming that would save system resources.

Thanks!

V

valqed
    Participant

Yay!

I figured it out ! I just add a to_texture message connected to the jit.gl.render which gets banged right after the render itself is banged. Then bang the named texture object whose output is connected to the syphon server, et voila ! (All the bangs in order are from a trigger object per usual)

So psyched =) Frame rates look happy and the recorded Syphon movie looks smooth and happy.

Hope this helps anyone else trying to do this.

The Syphon Recorder and Server rock !!

V

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.