Issues including syphon externals in frozen Max4Live devices

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Issues including syphon externals in frozen Max4Live devices

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    zeal
    Participant

Hi folks,

I’m working on a suite of video plugs for max for live – when ever i freeze a device containing either client or server objects, exit live and return, the syphon components no longer run.  editing the device again brings up this error:
    jit.gl.syphonclient: unable to load object bundle executable
     2013-04-23 14:59:15.552 Max[1761:f07] Error loading /Users/bob/Library/Application Support/Cycling ’74/temp-Max/mxt/jit.gl.syphonclient.mxo/Contents/MacOS/jit.gl.syphonclient:  dlopen(/Users/bob/Library/Application Support/Cycling ’74/temp-Max/mxt/jit.gl.
     syphonclient.mxo/Contents/MacOS/jit.gl.syphonclient, 262): Library not loaded: @loader_path/../Frameworks/Syphon.framework/Versions/A/Syphon
       Referenced from: /Users/bob/Library/Application Support/Cycling ’74/temp-Max/mxt/jit.gl.syphonclient.mxo/Contents/MacOS/jit.gl.syphonclient
       Reason: image not found
    Jitter initialized

i’m on osx 10.8, live 9.1 32bit, max 6.1.2

I noticed a few people had the same problem when building stand alones and could make them work by manually dropping the externals into their standalone.  unfortunately this doesn’t seem possible with max4live’s amxd format.

the devices work fine unfrozen but that’s not much help for distributing them  :/
    Any ideas on how to get this going?

big thanks,
    bob.
    .zeal

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Try asking on the Cycling 74 forums, it’s not really a Syphon problem and I don’t know much about Max for Live.

zeal
    Participant

no worries, will do.

for anyone else coming across this – i seem to have got it working by freezing the devices in ableton 8.  ableton crashes but the device freezes and saves properly.

will get in touch with cycling and see if they can fix.

cheers,

bob.

zeal
    Participant

just an update on this for any passers by with the same problem. Cycling confirmed this is a bug in max – it’s the same bug that prevents you including syphon in your standalones. So yep, it’s a known bug and hopefully it’ll be fixed soon.
    bob

zeal
    Participant

Just an update for anyone using syphon in Max standalones or in frozen M4L devices. The latest release of Max (6.1.3) has fixed the bug that was dropping the syphon framework! Hooray! If anyone has this issue updating Max should do the trick.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.