Hide QC viewer while running patch

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Hide QC viewer while running patch

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jfielder
    Participant

Is it possible to hide the Quartz viewer while running the patch? This would be similar to Jitter’s “visible $1” message applied to a jit.window object.

Thanks, Joshua

vade
    Keymaster

Of course, thats the whole idea of Syphon. Just hide the Application, the Syphon Server will still send frames.

jfielder
    Participant

My question is how to “hide” the viewer. I’ve been pushing the viewer as far off screen as possible to hide it, I was just wondering if the viewer could either be made invisible or minimized. I can exit the editor, but the viewer has no option to minimize. Sorry if I’m missing something basic here.

Thanks again.

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Hm! Not sure it is. I hadn’t noticed the absence of a minimize button before.

Are you trying to use it for presentation/display/performance? The Quartz Composer app is more of an editor – perhaps you’d get on better with something that runs QC compositions for output – VDMX/CoGe/etc or a custom app?

jfielder
    Participant

I’m creating an interactive performance installation with live video/audio/projection for my graduate thesis. I was hoping that removing the viewer would save a few fps. Thanks for the tip, I’m going to check out CoGe right now!

P.S. I think I just came up with a solution: If I were to layer all of the QC patches and sandwich the syphon servers as individual OpenGL scenes between each patch in one composition, then there’s no need for hiding extraneous viewer windows (everything is rendering by layers in one viewer).

mbiederman
    Participant

I’m able to totally close the viewer window altogether and things work fine here. Then I just minimize the patching window. OC -> Jitter anyway, this works fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.