Glitchy feed

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Glitchy feed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jdjd
    Participant

Hello,

Love Syphon!!

My problem, Have always had an issue, no matter how I am using Syphon, with occasional glitching. 2 – 8 “hits” a minute. This happens no matter which way I am using Syphon, i.e.   QC>QC or Ni_mate>QC, or Ni_mate>VDMX. This happens no matter what load I have running on my computer. Frame res seems to not be much of a factor, 640×480 frames from a kinect seem to glitch about the same amount as 1280×720.

This is not a deal-killer in my work, is just something that bugs me.

The glitchy frames tend to be a greenish flash. But also are sometimes a full color freeze frame. Syphon runs stable tho’ and will feed frames ALL night with no problems besides the occasional glitch.

I am starting to think it may simply be just be the age of my Mac. I have a 2 ghz Core 2 duo Imac, 3 gigs ram w/ ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT graphics card.

Help me Obi-wan, is my graphics card just TOO ancient? Should I be throttling QC to a specific frame rate? is it my aura?

any ideas?

thanks much!!!

jdjd

bangnoise
    Keymaster

This shouldn’t happen.

It would be good to reduce this to a simple case – if you run Simple Server and Simple Client ( http://syphon-implementations.googlecode.com/files/Syphon%20Demo%20Apps%20Public%20Beta%202.dmg ), do you see the glitches?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.