Getting frames from a NSOpenGLView

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Development – Developer Getting frames from a NSOpenGLView

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Massive

Hello! I have an app that I would like to make server of. I don’t know how to send images from a NSOpenGLView, should I use publishFrameTexture? or bindToDrawFrameOfSize?
    I tested the last one but i’m getting chopped images in the client.
    any help would be appreciated!

vade

You can use either, but I’d suggest using bindToDrawFrameofSize. It uses an internal FBO, which means you will need to get the captured frame from the Syphon Server, in your server app, and draw it on a quad in your NSOpenGLView to see it there.

To fix the size / clipping issues, ensure your passed in sizes match the viewport, size of your NSOpenGLView, etc, and that your ortho and coordinate system assumptions are correct.

Massive

tnx for the reply vade, should I use different contexts for the syphon server and the nsopenglview? or can they share it?

vade

I would use the same context, or at the very least, a shared context. A non shared, separate context will 100% not work.

For simplicities sake, use the same context as the NSOpenGLView, no reason not to that I can think of.

Massive

woa!!! it works!! :’D tnx vade!! you’re awesome!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.