Can't connect Syphon and Ableton 10 – help please!!

Home Forums v002 v002 QC Plugins Support Can't connect Syphon and Ableton 10 – help please!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dadadad1234
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m trying to get Syphon working with Ableton Live and am having lots of trouble. I’ve had two sessions on this looking for information everywhere, watching tutorials, etc, and can’t find the answers!!

Basically I’ve installed Syphon Recorder, as well as Syphon Inject, Simple Client and Simple Server.

I’m running Ableton 10 on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.3, and in Ableton I’m using Viazzable 2.1. I’m using the SyphonOut plugin to ideally share the videos I’m making in Vizzable, to the Syhpon Recorder.

However in the Syphon Recorder window I have no option to select Ableton Live as the source (which is what I’ve seen demonstrated in tutorial videos). I only have the option to select Simple Server. In the Simple Server window I cannot figure out how to select Ableton Live.

Basically, I can’t find any instructions/help to take it from here.

If I press ‘record’ in Syphon record, it records a blank, slowly changing grey screen.

I’ve also tried opening Syphon Inject, and ‘injecting’ live, but this doesn’t help.

Any help with how to deal with this would be really really appreciated !!

I can send you screenshots if you think this would help.

Frank

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Hi

Simple Server and Simple Client are basically test applications – you don’t need to have them running (or even installed) – though they can be useful for problem solving. You shouldn’t need to use SyphonInject either.

If you don’t see Vizzable/Ableton as a source in Syphon Recorder (or Simple Client), then it is a problem with Vizzable and the SyphonOut plugin. I know nothing about either of them, so I would suggest you seek help from their creators.

Good luck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.