audio error using syphon recorder

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User audio error using syphon recorder

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    caris3
    Participant

Has anyone else received the message “osstatus error 1718449215” when attempting to record using aac format? I just recently began having this issue. It was working fine before (made several recordings). Linear PCM format works, but the file size is too large. I need to find out why it won’t record in aac suddenly. Any help would be appreciated
    Error Code

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by caris3.
    bangnoise
    Keymaster

Check you’re using the latest version – earlier versions had problems with some third-party audio hardware. If updating doesn’t help, let us know.

http://syphon.v002.info/recorder

caris3
    Participant

Thanks for you reply. We tried the update to beta 12 to no avail. It had been recording fine until last week using beta 11 with aac as the selected audio format. This really has me perplexed.
    When I researched this error type, it led me to Audio Queue Services, a C programming interface in the Audio Toolbox framework, which is part of Core Audio.
    It said that code 1718449215 stands for “kAudioFormatUnsupportedDataFormatError” with the following description “The playback data format is unsupported (declared in AudioFormat.h)”
    Do you think I might be having an encoding problem (trouble with the aac codec)?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by caris3.
    vade
    Keymaster

I wonder if you installed a codec like Perian or something that adds additional codecs, either that, or the bit depth of the channels you are recording is quite high? Hrm.

caris3
    Participant

Thanks again for your replies. To my recollection, I haven’t installed any new codecs recently. I’m thinking that I should check: (a) that the aac codec is showing in my system (Lion 10.7), and (b) what the bit depth is on the channels I am recording.
    For checking point a: Can you tell me which folder to look for the aac codec in and what I should see?
    For b: I use a Roland FireWire Audio Capture, 24 bit, 192 kHz. There’s a switch for sample rate with options for 192, 96, 48, and 44.1. Currently it is set at 96.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by caris3.
    bangnoise
    Keymaster

The codec is unlikely to have gone astray. I have access to an FA-66 – I’ll try to recreate the problem as soon as I get a moment.

caris3
    Participant

Thanks for your help. In the meantime, I tried changing the sample rate from 96 to 192 (and re-booting), but it still causes the error.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.

bangnoise
    Keymaster

For now, change the sample-rate on the device to 48 or 44.1. A future update will down-sample if you attempt to use a higher sample-rate for AAC.

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Perhaps you could check how this build works for you – it will reduce the sample-rate for AAC if it’s higher than the AAC encoder can handle. It also adds support for more than two channels for LPCM audio.

http://syphon.v002.info/downloads/Syphon%20Recorder13.zip

caris3
    Participant

That solved it! You were right about the sample rate. It must have been changed inadvertantly to the higher rate and it did make a difference. I am now running the new build with the additional capabilities. Thank you again for this great device and all of your help troubleshooting my issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.