Anyone working on a plug-in for Google Hangouts?

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Development – Developer Anyone working on a plug-in for Google Hangouts?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SigDigits
    Participant

Title , pretty much says it all. It would be great to be able to insert a Syphon feed as a camera into google hangouts. The one thing that comes to mind is using the new Canon to syphon app to be able to use DSLRs as sources without needing capture cards. Also to be able to demo VJ sets over the web.

barrabin.fc
    Participant

Hi. I know a way using CamTwist with Syphon plugins.

CamTwist can output a virtual webcam that can be read by others apps, like skype or flash.

You can find the Syphon module here:

https://github.com/barrabinfc/camtwist-syphon

Or, alternatively, you can try to download the beta CamTwist, that already have Syphon support natively.

Let me know if it works for you.

SigDigits
    Participant

Well, it’s a workaround, but it DOES work for me on 10.6.8. I had to download the older version, and fix the quartz patch, but it did do the trick. It would STILL be much nicer to not need a middleware solution as my computer’s resources are maxxing out.

SigDigits
    Participant

Ok, I have to double check some other scenarios, but the workaround stopped working for me… Maybe a Google Plus update, or possibly a bandwidth issue.

I would put the issue back on the table now!

digitalhoodlum
    Participant

just following up to see if there was ever a standalone solution to get a syphon stream into a virtual webcam driver…

I think it could prove to be most useful. I’d build it myself if i had ANY CLUE at all…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.