repairing syphon recorded stream after cut power on external disk

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User repairing syphon recorded stream after cut power on external disk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lau
    Participant

Hey, i played a live gig and recorded it all using the Syphon recorder to an external disk. at the end of the show some wizeguy decided that the best way to end the show would be to cut all the power (%/###arggh), so my external diskt went offline, and the file containing my recording went bad.

I found a company http://aeroquartet.com/ that has a nice littel program that can analyze the file, and then repair it for a price of 239$ which is kind of a lot of money..

This tell me that the data is all there, but the file has just not been “closed” or whatever i should call it. I figure that there must be a cheaper solution somewhere. Any ideas?

Best!

/Lau – 2d visuals

bangnoise
    Keymaster

I haven’t any bright ideas I’m afraid.

My favourite thread on this subject begins “I recorded video from a high-power rocket I launched…“.

The solution to that thread might give you some help if you want to recover it by writing your own program, otherwise these sort of services don’t usually come cheap.

Let us know if you have found a free/cheap solution…

emervark
    Participant

MPEG Streamclip can sometimes belp in that solution.

Lau
    Participant

hey there

-The streamclip doesnt do it.

– And Im not a programmer(nor a rocket scientist) so im afraid i cannot do anything about it myself.

so i think its just bad luck. Next time im going to record something important ill use the internal disk to get around this happening again.. hopefully my disk can handle this.

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Sorry we haven’t a solution – I feel your pain.

We will think about ways of avoiding this situation in a future update – perhaps recording short segments then joining them when recording finishes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.