Unity Server – Max/msp

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Unity Server – Max/msp

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Woew
    Participant

I have been able to get Quartz Composer working inside Max/msp with the help of the jit.gl.syphonclient.maxhelp file. It works great.

I have been trying to get Syphon working in Unity with no luck. I am not able to see Unity as an available Server from within Max.

I have Copied the Unity Syphon Plugin and scripts to my projects Assets/Plugins folder as directed in the readme file. As well as connecting the UnityServerBridge.cs script to the Main Camera, with no results. I have tried this process with a few different projects with no luck.

All of this seems to be done already in the included SyphonServerScene.unity, which I am unable to get to work as well.

I attempted to use SyphonServerTestElbows posted by Steve Elbows in a previous post. It too seemed to have the necessary plugins and scripts, with the camera attached to the script.

Additionally although I have Syphon working correctly from Quartz to Max I have not been able to achieve any results from Quartz to Unity.

I am not sure what I am overlooking here. If anyone has any ideas or references that might help me to detect Unity as an available server in Max or Quartz, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any time and help

vade
    Keymaster

Well, do you get console errors? Do does the Server Script (on your camera in Unity) show any image, a blank image, or no Server at all in Simple Client? Are you running Unity 3.1 Pro? Etc etc.

In short, ‘not working’ is insufficient information to debug your issue.

Woew
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response, it pointed me in the right direction

Sorry, for being so vague, I had never used Unity before so it was hard to describe my problem. I was not even aware of the console in Unity. I believe my trouble was that I was not using the Pro version, Registered for the 30 demo and was able to get it up and running. Also downloaded Simple Server and Client, that have been great for troubleshooting.

I now have Max, Quartz, and Unity working nicely together. I have no experience using FreeFrame, but will be working on that next.

Syphon is very exciting, I feel like I finally have the tools to compose video and audio, the way that I want to.

vade
    Keymaster

No worries, its just hard to trouble-shoot when trying to deal with this. Very glad it was something “silly” and not more serious, and yea, Syphon makes tools adapt to you, not the other way around, which is always nice! Great its working 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.