Two camera syphon in Unity?

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Two camera syphon in Unity?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    monsho
    Participant

Hi,

We’re playing around with Unity as a tool for Stereoscopic visuals, using two offset cameras – just wondering if there may be a way of creating 2 syphon streams out of Unity, one for each camera?

I can then lay each on up side by side in VDMX for example to mix other content

Brian Chasalow
    Participant

this is possible, and i’ve done it before, but i don’t have an example offhand of how to do this as this particular code is part of a larger project I’m working on. If I get time maybe I can separate it from the larger whole. it’s also unfortunately a little more complicated as you would have to change the plugin to support multiple servers.

To support multiple servers: you would write an obj-c method that initializes the server, taking in a string name in Start(). that method would return the instance as a void pointer, (IntPtr in C#), back to unity, so that you could keep track of your multiple instances as IntPtr references.

Once you have multiple syphon servers created, you just need to send your NativeTextureIDs + the IntPtrs (server instances) back to the plugin to publish the servers.
    good luck!
    Brian

monsho
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Thanks for this! Sounds a bit more complicated than my abilities allow at the minute but we’ll look into – I may be asking a few questions along the way!

Cheers

Andrew

monsho
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Just resurrecting this thread as we’ve developed on a lot with it as a real time visual tool, working really well in 3D straight out of Unity, but would be ace to re-look at taking the stream out using Syphon.

What might be the chances of you pulling the elements out of the larger project that you’ve created that allow for 2 instances of the server? Would really appreciate a starting point – we’re not coders but have learnt a huge amount over the process we’ve been through

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.