Syphon Recorder Video Quality Question

Home Forums v002 v002 QC Plugins Support Syphon Recorder Video Quality Question

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mayombe
    Participant

Hi,

I am recording from Madmapper coming from Modul8 and quality is not so good. Maybe its my settings in Modul8 or Madmapper?

Thanks in advance for any advice! 🙂

Mayombe

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Define or illustrate “not so good”. A screenshot of the Preferences window in Syphon Recorder would help too.

Mayombe
    Participant

Hi bannoise,

Video is a bit blurry compared to how I see it on mad mapper Main Project window. I am adding a few screenshots (Mondul8, Madmapper, Syphon). Maybe my setting on Syphon? Or I may need to use better quality video starting from Modul8 so that the final product is better quality (Less Blury) and more clear.

Thanks again for your help

Ricardo

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Mayombe.
    Mayombe
    Participant

Not sure how to attach a screen shot?

Mayombe
    Participant

In Syphon prefrences:

Compressor is set to:

Apple Intermediate Codec

Frame rate is to ; 30

Dimension is set to: 1280 X 720 (720dp)
    1024 X 768

vade
    Keymaster

You recording to an SSD or to an internal slow spinning disk drive? SSD is preferred.

vade
    Keymaster

Oh, if you’re issue is blurriness ensure that you set up Mad Mapper to send at the same resolution you are capturing at. Use the Mad Mapper prefs to set up Syphon Resolution. Also you could try Uncompressed if your disk is sufficiently fast.

Mayombe
    Participant

Hi Vade,

Thanks for the advice! Yes I have a slow spinning SATA drive not SSD. I will try to adjust resolution to match. I do not think my disk is fast enough for uncompressed. Should I just set Syphon compressor preference to NONE
    (Uncompressed) or is there an uncompressed format that will work better for me? Or maybe a compressed format that may work better than the one I am using: Apple Intermediate Codec?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Mayombe.
    bangnoise
    Keymaster

See the Help menu in Syphon Recorder for advice on compressors (probably stick with AIC).

Blurry output sounds like MadMapper is sending a smaller resolution than you are recording. It looks like MM’s Syphon output is sized to match it’s output window.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by bangnoise.
    Mayombe
    Participant

Thanks you all !!!

Pol
    Participant

Guys, what can you advise if I want to create such video mapping which program is better suited?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.