Syphon Recorder out of sync with audio

Home Forums v002 v002 QC Plugins Support Syphon Recorder out of sync with audio

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ka_Coffiney
    Participant

I’ve been using Syphon Recorder (Version 13) to record the video output of CoGe or Syphon Virtual Screen. For the audio I have VLC running through Soundflower 2ch. I’m using soundflowerbed to push the Soundflower 2ch to the speakers. Syphon Recorder is set to record Soundflower 2ch.

The problem that seems to be happening is that syphon recorder takes a few seconds to actually start recording audio. Since I’m recording single songs it’s important to get the full song from start to finish. I even have a 10second blank audio file play before the track I’m trying to record yet sound recorder still takes a second to start recording the audio from the intended track.

At the moment I’m then taking this file, converting it in Adobe Media Encoder, opening it in Quicktime 7 Pro, deleting the sound track from the video and replacing it with the source audio. This creates another step which is hard to be precise with to ensure synced audio & video.

Am I doing something wrong in my process? Is this a known issue with Syphon Recorder and Soundflower? Maybe next time I shall try changing the OS audio output to Soundflower 2ch and set VLC to output via Built-In output. See if that improves anything. But in the meantime any help would be mucho appreciated.

Thanks
    Ka_Coffiney

Ka_Coffiney
    Participant

I forgot to say…thanks for creating such cool software!

vade
    Keymaster

Apologies for the delayed reply.

I’ve never heard of this issue to be honest, but if Syphon is taking a second to record it certainly sounds like an issue.

Some questions:

* What operating system and machine are you on?
    * Do you have any additional audio hardware like capture devices?
    * What bitrate audio are you recording?
    * What bitrate video are you recording? (resolution and frame rate)
    * What type of disk are you using?
    * Ensure you are on the latest versions of Soundflower

Ensure that your drive is fast enough, and that you are using a ‘normal’ bitrate around 44.1 or 44.8 Khz, and you are using a per frame or no compression like Photo JPEG, Uncompressed, Pro Res. Avoid h.264. Same for audio, use LinearPCM. Those options tend to use more disk space, and require faster disks, but give you better results.

Im unsure where the second or so delay is coming from. Let us know if the above is helpful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.