Syphon Recorder errors with Beautiful Chaos app

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Syphon Recorder errors with Beautiful Chaos app

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jcrystal
    Participant

Trying to record output of Beautiful Chaos app in Syphon Recorder, but running into problems. The app shows up in the recorder connect menu, but “Snapshot” yields an error saying to save to new folder/disk. I changed the location but error continues. Trying to record video (5 seconds to 60 seconds or more) always result in error that not enough frames were recorded, try a longer recording. Any advice?

vade
    Keymaster

Can you record from other apps, or is this error just with Beautiful Chaos?

Are you running the most up to date Recorder? What frame rate, and size are you recording, and to an internal, or external disk?

vade
    Keymaster

Also what codec too.

jcrystal
    Participant

Tried Photo JPEG, 15 fps, 1920×1080, saving to internal (Fusion) disk with lots of room. Latest Recorder, just downloaded. Happy to try other settings if you think it will matter….

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Weird. If you try recording any other Syphon-emitting app, does that work?

jcrystal
    Participant

Just tried with VDMX and it worked fine. Then with that same version open started up Beautiful Chaos, selected that as the source in Syphon Recorder, and the same problem occurred. So, clearly, the issue is with BC. Even though SR recognizes it, there is something wrong with the data feed i guess.

Thanks for your help!

JC

vade
    Keymaster

Thanks for following up. Obviously, you might want to ping the authors of Beautiful Chaos and let them know there are issues.

Good luck!

bangnoise
    Keymaster

As I haven’t a Leap to test with I’m a bit stuck – but it sounds like Beautiful Chaos is creating a Syphon server then not sending any frames. As vade says, ping them and encourage them to contact us if they can’t identify the problem.

jcrystal
    Participant

Problem solved, and all working fine now. I had failed to save the Syphon Output setting in the app; now it works fine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.