Syphon Recorder Audio problem

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Syphon Recorder Audio problem

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bLackburst
    Participant

Hey guys
    Syphon is the best thing to happen to visualists in years, many many thanks.
    I have had a couple of problems with my syphon recording in regrds to audio though. The AIC file recorded looks great and sounds great until usually around halfway through the file, then the audio breaks up and cuts out….until i pause it and play it again. So the audio is there, jus the playback fails. Given there isnt much in the way of audio options in the recorder I thought id let you know. I transcoded it to the same format (AIC) and the error seems to “bake in” to the video but at a different point…thoughts?

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Hi, and thanks for the kind words.

We’ve had one other report of sound issues, so it’s on our todo list. To help narrow it down, could you let us know

1. What audio device you’re recording from (what’s selected in the Audio Input menu in the Preferences)
    2. If the problem appears if you select another device
    3. What you’re recording to (internal SSD, firewire hard drive, etc)
    4. How far through a file in minutes and seconds you usually see the problem

Thanks

bLackburst
    Participant

1. Soundflower 16ch.
    2. I don’t have any other devices, hence the soundflower.
    3. Internal 5400rpm 250GB late 08 MBP.
    4. I just discovered that it can play back for 22-28 seconds before it starts to wig out and stop (within two seconds or so). But, I can start that 22-28 sec wherever i like in the video with the same effect. ie. 0-22 sec in the movie will be fine, but so will 15-37sec of the same movie, and my ram is lookin good, WEird and annoying eh?

bLackburst
    Participant

just for the record I think soundflower could be a lot stabler than it is..but yeah.

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Ah yep, the other report was from someone using Soundflower. I’ll do some testing as soon as I have time – probably not immediately. Thanks for the report.

jersmi
    Participant

I’ve been having serious issues with Soundflower recently….

bLackburst
    Participant

>bump<

bangnoise
    Keymaster

>thump<

Brian Chasalow
    Participant

BOOM

leaf
    Participant

same prob here

i found re-rendering the video afterwards seemed to fix it for me, at least till there’s a better solution

bLackburst
    Participant

yep. would be sweet to have the soundflower prob sorted though. Soundflower is actually really shit. I’m amazed this is the #1 app for this task, it constantly deselects its sources or starts feeing itself to itself, tried on a number of machines. any other suggs?

sandroid
    Participant

what about:

JackPilot + QjackCtl – (JACK Audio Connection Kit Qt GUI Interface).

?

bangnoise
    Keymaster

If you’re having problems with Soundflower and Syphon Recorder, please e-mail me at bangnoise@gmail.com

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Beta 11 hopefully fixes these audio problems

http://syphon.v002.info/recorder/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.