Syphon is the best thing to happen to visualists in years, many many thanks.
I have had a couple of problems with my syphon recording in regrds to audio though. The AIC file recorded looks great and sounds great until usually around halfway through the file, then the audio breaks up and cuts out….until i pause it and play it again. So the audio is there, jus the playback fails. Given there isnt much in the way of audio options in the recorder I thought id let you know. I transcoded it to the same format (AIC) and the error seems to “bake in” to the video but at a different point…thoughts?
We’ve had one other report of sound issues, so it’s on our todo list. To help narrow it down, could you let us know
1. What audio device you’re recording from (what’s selected in the Audio Input menu in the Preferences)
2. If the problem appears if you select another device
3. What you’re recording to (internal SSD, firewire hard drive, etc)
4. How far through a file in minutes and seconds you usually see the problem
1. Soundflower 16ch.
2. I don’t have any other devices, hence the soundflower.
3. Internal 5400rpm 250GB late 08 MBP.
4. I just discovered that it can play back for 22-28 seconds before it starts to wig out and stop (within two seconds or so). But, I can start that 22-28 sec wherever i like in the video with the same effect. ie. 0-22 sec in the movie will be fine, but so will 15-37sec of the same movie, and my ram is lookin good, WEird and annoying eh?
yep. would be sweet to have the soundflower prob sorted though. Soundflower is actually really shit. I’m amazed this is the #1 app for this task, it constantly deselects its sources or starts feeing itself to itself, tried on a number of machines. any other suggs?