Syphon plugin not found by quartz composer

Home Forums v002 v002 QC Plugins Support Syphon plugin not found by quartz composer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lau
    Participant

hey

When opening quartz composer patch made on my primary machine(where everything works), i get a prompt:

> (null)
    : Patch with name “QCPlugInPatch:SyphonServerQCPlugIn” is missing

> Macro Patch
    Cannot create node of class “QCPlugInPatch” and identifier “SyphonServerQCPlugIn”

> Macro Patch
    Cannot create connection from [“outputImage” @ “ImageTransform_1”] to [“inputImage” @ “PlugInPatch_SyphonServerQCPlugIn_1″]

> (null)
    State restoration failed on

i have put the plugins in the graphics folder in library, as stated in the readme. Actually i have duplicated my setup from my primary machine, to the secondary machine. i have tried deleting the plugin and copying it there again. I got everything working on my primary machine.

The syphon patches does not show up in the patch inspector either.. Sample compositions wont work either.

Is there a safer way to install the syphon plugin, from inside quartz composer, or an alternatvie route i can try?

Gig in 7 hours..

Best.

/Lau

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Follow the instructions in the Read Me.

Lau
    Participant

Hey tom

I did follow the instructions in the readme, i put the plugins in the /Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Plug-Ins/ and also tried the ~”user”/Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Plug-Ins/ folder, but still got the above..

I’m not at the same machine now, but made a screenshot showing both the plugins in the right folder and the error message..

It all works on my own machine, following the same steps.

/Lau

bangnoise
    Keymaster

99.9999999 % of the time this error is improperly installed plugins, so check and double check the locations.

Do you have other plugins installed in the same location? Do they show up inside QC?

vade
    Keymaster

Have you ensured the machine having the error is running 10.6 or 10.7, as per the read me?

jvan
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m struggling with this as well. I don’t exactly know which plugin files I need to drag into the library folders I’ve created per previous instructions. Do I just drag the entire folder of “syphon SDK 5″ and v002-open-kinect-master” into “Quartz Composer Plug-Ins”? I tried dragging just the “.pch” into the patch folder and the “…plugin.h” and “…plugin.m” into the plug in folders, just still get the same error message below.

(null)
    <QCNodeManager | namespace = “com.apple.QuartzComposer” | 478 nodes>: Patch with name “QCPlugInPatch:v002_Open_KinectPlugIn” is missing

Macro Patch
    Cannot create node of class “QCPlugInPatch” and identifier “v002_Open_KinectPlugIn”

(null)
    <QCNodeManager | namespace = “com.apple.QuartzComposer” | 478 nodes>: Patch with name “QCPlugInPatch:SyphonServerQCPlugIn” is missing

Macro Patch
    Cannot create node of class “QCPlugInPatch” and identifier “SyphonServerQCPlugIn”

Macro Patch
    Cannot create connection from [“outputDepthImage” @ “PlugInPatch_v002_Open_KinectPlugIn_1”] to [“inputSampleValue” @ “SampleHold_1”]

Macro Patch
    Cannot create connection from [“output” @ “Splitter_2”] to [“inputImage” @ “PlugInPatch_SyphonServerQCPlugIn_1”]

Macro Patch
    Cannot publish input port [“inputTilt” @ “PlugInPatch_v002_Open_KinectPlugIn_1”]

(null)
    State restoration failed on <QCPatch = 0x7febd3011700 “(null)”>

In other words, how do I install the v002 plug in? The read me file assumes I know how.

jvan
    Participant

Update – fixed it, I was downloading old files that weren’t actually plug ins, I think I downloaded the latest ones here:

https://github.com/v002/v002-Open-Kinect/releases
    https://github.com/Syphon/Quartz-Composer

If anyone is a newb like me, I dragged everything out of the parent folder and into the plugins folder in library. Make sure it’s the right library folder – not users!

jvan
    Participant

Update – fixed it, I was downloading old files that weren’t actually plug ins, I think I downloaded the latest ones here:

https://github.com/v002/v002-Open-Kinect/releases
    https://github.com/Syphon/Quartz-Composer

If anyone is a newb like me, I dragged everything out of the parent folder and into the plugins folder in library. Make sure it’s the right library folder – not users!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.