some help with Unity implementation

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User some help with Unity implementation

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    brozmical
    Participant

Hi all, first off- Syphon is a really really amazing piece of work. Kudos to vade and the rest of the team. Anyhow, I’m having some problems implementing Syphon in Unity3d. Currently I can’t get the Example to run through to VDMX b8 or VDMXb7. I had some questions regarding this-
    In b8 when I choose the example file or my Unity App, it comes up with a screen with a diagonal black tear and some glitchy FBO stuff on the right hand side. In b7 I’m not sure exactly how to implement Syphon from Unity.
    Do I use the Syphon Client QC file? If so what do I put down as Application Name and Server Name? If not how do I go about from there?
    Thanks in advance for the help guys, again- great piece of work!

Brian Chasalow
    Participant

first thing- does the unity server show up properly in simple client or syphon recorder ?

also, what version of unity are you using? are you using a built app or just in the editor?
    can i see a screenshot of what you’re doing in b8?

brozmical
    Participant

Hi Brian, thanks for the quick response. I’m in Unity 3.4f5 and simple client or syphon recorder both are not running. All other demos (for QC and others) are working OK.
    Here’s what I’m doing in b8-
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/59661574@N08/6089373085/
    Here’s a screen shot of adding the source from the App running the background.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/59661574@N08/6089931266/in/photostream
    here’s the screenshot of the output I’m recieving. Does it have to do with the RGBA settings on the shaders I’m using?

vade
    Keymaster

If Simple Client and Server are not running or seeing one another, then something is wrong and nothing will work, or you don’t have the system specs you need to run Syphon.

Are you on 10.6 + ?

System specs? Errors when launching Simple Server and Simple Client?

http://syphon-implementations.googlecode.com/files/Syphon%20Demo%20Apps%20Public%20Beta%202.dmg

brozmical
    Participant

Hi Vade, brian, just ran the apps from the svn. Simple client doesn’t run but simple server does run in the unity project file (syphon logo shows up in the particle system).
    System specs below-
    osx 10.6.7
    Processor 2.33 Ghz Intel Core 3 Duo
    Ram 3GB 667 DDR2 SDRam
    Graphics Card
    ATY,RadeonX1600
    Macbook Pro 15″
    Error on SimpleClient is more or less like the screen in b8. A diagonal glitchy tear.

vade
    Keymaster

Hrm, im not talking about Unity, I am asking you to run the two stand alone cocoa apps I linked you to. Its not part of Unity. Please just run SimpleServer.app and SimpleClient.app to ensure Syphon works fine. Otherwise you need to figure out your issues in Unity.

So in short, do they run?

brozmical
    Participant

oops, sorry for the confusion- yes simple server and simple client both run.

Brian Chasalow
    Participant

have no idea. is it possible you’re running different version of syphon framework in the latest Unity implementation than what vdmx uses internally? not sure what they’re using. vade/bangnoise would have a better idea on that end.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.