So how does this work exactly?

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User So how does this work exactly?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Udart
    Participant

I’m a bit in the dark when it comes to how Syphon is implemented. The ‘sender application’ ie. the one that has a texture you want to bring into Syphon – does this app need to implement Syphon or could it be any app on the machine?

What I mean is this. Can you pipe the output of any app into Syphon or do the developers need to create Syphon support for their app first?

Very excited about this thing – regardless. It’s going to change the future of live visuals!

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Syphon needs to be supported in the sender – either natively or through a plugin or by the sender using some technology that already has a Syphon implementation – eg Quartz Composer.

We’ll have a public beta for you to play with really soon…

Udart
    Participant

OK so I won’t have Syphon support in any little visual app I download. But still this is good news, it sounds like there are multiple ways to implement Syphon – let’s hope it catches on.

Looking forward to seeing the beta 🙂

best regards
    -Vibeke / Udart

vade
    Keymaster

Well, many little apps may work out of the box. For example if they support QC, which many do you will get a nice little ecosystem going already. We can get a list going on a forum thread when the beta is available.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.