problem with rutt etra

Home Forums v002 v002 QC Plugins Support problem with rutt etra

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    problemmaths
    Participant

Hi

I am fairly new to all this so I’m probably missing something basic. I have installed the rutt etra plugin, really keen to try it out. However when I open the intro and other .qtz files, I get an error message that the file could not be restored along with the error messages below. (this was for the intro quartz file)
    I don’t even know where to begin about trying to solve this. From what i can see I have the plugin installed. it is in library>graphics>etc…. > quartz composer plugins
    i can press continue and the file opens but nothing appears to happen
    any help would be great!! thanks

> (null)
    <QCNodeManager | namespace = “com.apple.QuartzComposer” | 479 nodes>: Patch with name “QCPlugInPatch:v002RuttEtraPlugIn” is missing

> TrackBall
    Cannot create node of class “QCPlugInPatch” and identifier “v002RuttEtraPlugIn”

> TrackBall
    Cannot create connection from [“_protocolOutput_Image” @ “PatchRenderer_1”] to [“inputImageLuma” @ “PlugInPatch_v002RuttEtraPlugIn_1”]

> TrackBall
    Cannot create connection from [“output” @ “Splitter_1”] to [“inputImage” @ “PlugInPatch_v002RuttEtraPlugIn_1”]

> TrackBall
    Cannot publish input port [“inputDrawType” @ “PlugInPatch_v002RuttEtraPlugIn_1”]

> TrackBall
    Cannot publish input port [“inputResolutionX” @ “PlugInPatch_v002RuttEtraPlugIn_1”]

> TrackBall
    Cannot publish input port [“inputResolutionY” @ “PlugInPatch_v002RuttEtraPlugIn_1”]

> TrackBall
    Cannot publish input port [“inputDepthScale” @ “PlugInPatch_v002RuttEtraPlugIn_1”]

> TrackBall
    Cannot publish input port [“inputWireFrameWidth” @ “PlugInPatch_v002RuttEtraPlugIn_1”]

> TrackBall
    Cannot publish input port [“inputAntialias” @ “PlugInPatch_v002RuttEtraPlugIn_1”]

> TrackBall
    Cannot publish input port [“inputCalculateNormals” @ “PlugInPatch_v002RuttEtraPlugIn_1”]

> TrackBall
    Cannot publish input port [“inputNormalCoeff” @ “PlugInPatch_v002RuttEtraPlugIn_1”]

> TrackBall
    Cannot publish input port [“inputHQNormals” @ “PlugInPatch_v002RuttEtraPlugIn_1”]

> Macro Patch
    State restoration failed on node “TrackBall_1” <QCTrackBall = 0x178A71E0 “(null)”>

> Macro Patch
    Cannot publish input port [“Draw_Mode” @ “TrackBall_1”]

> Macro Patch
    Cannot publish input port [“Resolution_X” @ “TrackBall_1”]

> Macro Patch
    Cannot publish input port [“Resolution_Y” @ “TrackBall_1”]

> Macro Patch
    Cannot publish input port [“Z_Extrude” @ “TrackBall_1”]

> Macro Patch
    Cannot publish input port [“Element_Size” @ “TrackBall_1”]

> Macro Patch
    Cannot publish input port [“Element_Antialiasing” @ “TrackBall_1”]

> Macro Patch
    Cannot publish input port [“Calculate_Normals” @ “TrackBall_1”]

> Macro Patch
    Cannot publish input port [“Normal_Smoothness” @ “TrackBall_1”]

> Macro Patch
    Cannot publish input port [“High_Quality_Normals” @ “TrackBall_1”]

> (null)
    State restoration failed on <QCPatch = 0x178A7BF0 “(null)”>

bangnoise
    Keymaster

it is in library>graphics>etc…. > quartz composer plugins

The correct directory is
    /Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Plug-Ins
    (or the equivalent in your home directory’s Library folder). Is that where it is?

problemmaths
    Participant

Hi

Yeah that is where it is. in the main one not in my user library.

problemmaths
    Participant

if that makes sense, I mean it is in the library folder of my hard drive not the library under my user name. All my quartz plugins and patches are in the hard drive library under /Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Plug-Ins (or patches for some of them)

bangnoise
    Keymaster

What machine and version of MacOS are you on?

problemmaths
    Participant

macbook pro (an older one about 4 years old – Intel Core 2 Duo)
    video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
    running snow leopard and quartz 4

vade
    Keymaster

That ought to work just fine. Did you download the DMG from v002.info ? It decompressed, verified and opened ok? I’ve used the 8600 GT with those models with the Rutt (a friend has one), so im pretty sure it works.

You can try the beta of version 3.0 at:

http://v002.info/downloads/beta/ (its just the plugin, and that plugin is actually unique, you can have both 2.0 and 3.0 installed, and they both show up “uniquely”, so the search the path library and try to find v002 Rutt Etra 3.0.

Thanks, curious the issue is.

problemmaths
    Participant

Thanks for your help. I have it working now. I did a couple of things…
    I had some other v002 plugins in the patches folder – I moved them to the plugins folder
    I installed v3 of the rutt etra plugin

Thanks for your advice and quick responses! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.