photoshop plugin

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User photoshop plugin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gabeshaughnessy
    Participant

I am just kicking off this thread, with no real knowledge of how to go about implementing this:
    I would like to be able to use this with a Photoshop plugin. I think this should be possible with my very limited knowledge of opengl and software programming. Am I wrong. A little bit right?

ps everytime I try to tag this post it just moves the cursor up to this text field… tried to tag it photoshop.

vade
    Keymaster

Im not 100% sure. Part of the issue is that Photoshop plugins tend to be destructively used, meaning, if you apply a filter the filter exists only during processing of pixels, not before or after, and only for the duration of the processing time.

Other plugin times, from looking at the SDK do not seem appropriate for use as an ‘always on’ reading the canvas / document sort of a solution. However, I know very little about Photoshop plugin SDK. I’d love to be proven wrong!

.lov.
    Participant

I took a deeper look into the PS SDK, and seems you are right – BTW, image editors not designed for dealing with the canvas texture realtime, thats the problem 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.