Multiple Cameras in Unity, But only want one syphon output

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Multiple Cameras in Unity, But only want one syphon output

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    infectedspleen
    Participant

Hi there all,

I have created a scene in Unity where there are some 3d meshes reacting to audio and spinning around. I have 3 camera in place, and when the scene is running i can press one of three keys to switch cameras.

I have added Syphon to my scene and when the scene is running i can load Madmapper for example and i see “Unity – Camera_1” in the Syphon option.

If i use one of my keys to switch camera, Unity switches but the image that is sent to Madmapper freezes and i get another syphon option “Unity – Camera_2”. the same goes for camera_3.

It seems that each camera is sending out is own Syphon output.

Is there away in unity to capture the scene as i see it, so that i can flip between cameras and only have one output sent to Madmapper etc etc.

Many thanks in advance

Brian Chasalow
    Participant

I’m sure this is possible, but you might have to hack at the syphonservertexture script a bit to get it to do what you want, depending on how you’re doing what you’re doing.

send me a simplified version of your project to brian@chasalow.com and I’ll see if i can hack something together for you.

Brian Chasalow
    Participant

btw, this might just work for you: instead of syphonServerTextureInstance = Syphon.CreateServerTexture(gameObject.name);

do
    syphonServerTextureInstance = Syphon.CreateServerTexture(“one server plz”);

in SyphonServerTexture.cs’s Start()

although then you might end up with 3x servers all named the same- depending on how you’re handling your syphon server script.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.