jit.gl.syphonclient issues

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User jit.gl.syphonclient issues

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    laserpilot
    Participant

I’m one of the leaked beta users, so feel free to ignore me. I’ve been playing mostly with getting quartz into jitter, but I’ve been running into several issues that I just wanted to mention in case they’re at all helpful.

The example patches work totally fine, but they usually are the nudge my system needs to let me own patches work. For example, my homemade quartz patch wasn’t being seen by the simple client until I opened the example patch..then when I closed it, all was well…I could see my homemade patch in the simple client.

Jitter seems to be very unpredictable in terms of being a client..sometimes it won’t see the app/servers, and when it does it doesn’t display an image. I’ve tried switching up the order in which i start the applications and all of that.

When i use it in my larger performance patch, even the presence of jit.gl.syphonclient (patch has been loaded, syphon has received no bangs) causes my render context to break..and only once I’ve deleted the syphonclient object and restarted the patch will it display normally. When syphon client does get bangs it says ‘jit.gl.syphonclient could not attach to FBO.’ and when i delete the object or close the patch the max window says ‘jit_ob3d_leave_client_list: client remove from empty list!’

update: just added ” ;jitter glreadback rtt” to my patch and that at least kept syphon from disabling my output..but i’m not sure if that’s reliable..I’ll have to try switching it between fbo and rtt a few times to see

vade
    Keymaster

Are you sure you have not mixed Beta 1 and Beta 2 frameworks / client and server implementations? Part of the reason we did not release the beta publically is because the API and the messaging system has (and may continue to) change between releases, leaving beta n -1 implementations not compatible with beta n.

I’ve never seen those issues in any of the betas when they you make sure all of your servers, & clients use the same framework revision across all of your implementations.

vade
    Keymaster

Actually I stand corrected. There is a large oversight in the jitter syphon client I just identified and fixed that was introduced. An API change in Syphon we neglected to fully port to the jitter client results in no or improper drawing of the servers texture. Doh.

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Hey, thanks for the report (and fix vade). I’ve just put up new downloads with the fixed jitter client. Let us know how you get on.

laserpilot
    Participant

Awesome! Glad I could be useful…im even considering using this for a show in a week..probably not..but if it worked fine under stress it could save me some time

laserpilot
    Participant

Closer! I have the images co-mingling fine now, but now if I fullscreen my jit.window, syphon’s effects go away (i’m just doing an additive blend between the quartz comp and my jitter stuff). The app name and server name are lost from the umenu’s. I can bring them back if i stop and start the quartz comp or open and close the viewer window..then they just instantly pop back in. Fullscreen just isn’t being friendly.

vade
    Keymaster

post an example patch?

bangnoise
    Keymaster

can duplicate. we’ll look into this, probably not immediately.

laserpilot
    Participant

Yeah I could reproduce it with the client maxhelp patch if I added the fullscreen command to jit.window. Thanks for looking into it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.