Failure to Integrate Blackmagic Device into Powerpoint via QC and Black Syphon

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Failure to Integrate Blackmagic Device into Powerpoint via QC and Black Syphon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sorlob
    Participant

Hello!

First and for almost thank you for your work around Syphon!
    Im trying to get a picture in picture live video into Powerpoint.
    My webcam and a Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder are my video sources.

Thus I created a quartz composition with the syphon client patch, using Black Syphon as server.
    While everything works nicely in QC itself (and Quartz Composer Visualizer) in Powerpoint the input via blackmagic is not displayed anymore.

Do you have any ideas what could cause this problem?

Thank you!

with best regards,
    Simon

you can find a screen capture here: youtube
    and the qtz-file here: google drive

vade
    Keymaster

Powerpoint likely loads QC compositions in safe mode. You might have to use the Kineme Safe Mode hack to allow 3rd party plugins to load.

vade
    Keymaster

(to be clear, Power Point likely relies on older Quicktime integration where Quicktime could ‘play’ QC compositions – because of this Power Point doesnt actually know what the hell QC is, and thus, isn’t actually loading 3rd party plugins I suspect. Note video input works – which is a built in patch. I suspect its the Syphon plugin that isn’t loading – check your Applications/Utilities/Console.app for logs indicating QC safe mode load errors.

sorlob
    Participant

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Indeed the Syphon patches are indicated as unsafe and the VideoInput is as well: Screenshot

I couldn’t notice an specific messages in console related to QC or starting the video in PowerPoint.

Nevertheless I tried to install KinemeCore but I’m not sure if it is running in OSX 10.12. I haven’t seen any “K menu” so far in Quartz Composer.

Following this instruction i executed this command:

defaults write com.apple.QuartzComposer.editor KCSafeModeOverride -dict-add 'Microsoft PowerPoint' '( "SyphonClientQCPlugIn", "SyphonServerListQCPlugIn", "QCVideoInput" )'

Still it doesn’t work. But I’m very suspicious KinemeCore is not running.
    Is there a way to verify KinemeCore is running?

I downloaded the latest version: 0.6.0 and either put it into:
    /Users/[me]/Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Patches/
    and /Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Patches/

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by sorlob.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by sorlob. Reason: imagelink not working
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.