Error with Syphon in Jitter standalone application

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Error with Syphon in Jitter standalone application

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    pry
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m trying to build standalone apps with Syphon externals, but I get this kind of error when I try to launch the apps :

jit.gl.syphonclient: unable to load object bundle executable
    2010-12-07 12:54:38.995 essai-syphonclient[1059:207] Error loading /private/var/folders/Hi/HivzXCw6HZuZwMRC26Qoz++++TM/TemporaryItems/appRuntime-mxt/jit.gl.syphonclient.mxo/Contents/MacOS/jit.gl.syphonclient: dlopen(/private/var/folders/Hi/HivzXCw6HZuZwM
    RC26Qoz++++TM/TemporaryItems/appRuntime-mxt/jit.gl.syphonclient.mxo/Contents/MacOS/jit.gl.syphonclient, 262): Library not loaded: @loader_path/../Frameworks/Syphon.framework/Versions/A/Syphon
    Referenced from: /private/var/folders/Hi/HivzXCw6HZuZwMRC26Qoz++++TM/TemporaryItems/appRuntime-mxt/jit.gl.syphonclient.mxo/Contents/MacOS/jit.gl.syphonclient
    Reason: image not found

OS X 10.6.4 – MaxMSPJitter 5.1.7

did I miss something ?
    thanks

pry

hcgilje
    Participant

same here.
    I tried including the client object manually in the support folder in the standalone, but no love.

vade
    Keymaster

Open up the application bundle for the app you built, go to Contents, make a Frameworks folder and then move the Syphon.framework into there.

That may work. The issue is the Application you built is for whatever reason not finding the Syphon.framework which is needed by jit.gl.syphon___ .

Let us know.

hcgilje
    Participant

I unfortunately still get the same error.
    I put the syphon.framework I found in the jit.gl.syphonclient into the frameworks folder of my standalone.
    I believe this is more or less the same error as before:
    jit.gl.syphonclient: unable to load object bundle executable
    2010-12-07 21:37:49.239 VPT_5.0a05[18916:207] Error loading /private/var/folders/Gi/GiTf5ITdHWm++psK9TEs5++++TQ/TemporaryItems/appRuntime-mxt/jit.gl.syphonclient.mxo/Contents/MacOS/jit.gl.syphonclient: dlopen(/private/var/folders/Gi/GiTf5ITdHWm++psK9TEs5
    ++++TQ/TemporaryItems/appRuntime-mxt/jit.gl.syphonclient.mxo/Contents/MacOS/jit.gl.syphonclient, 262): Library not loaded: @loader_path/../Frameworks/Syphon.framework/Versions/A/Syphon
    Referenced from: /private/var/folders/Gi/GiTf5ITdHWm++psK9TEs5++++TQ/TemporaryItems/appRuntime-mxt/jit.gl.syphonclient.mxo/Contents/MacOS/jit.gl.syphonclient
    Reason: image not found

vade
    Keymaster

Hrm. Seems like the Runtime is putting the jitter objects into really weird places and then trying to open them, causing path issues for the framework loader.

I may have to ping Cycling on this, to get some info on how framework loading vs Standalone paths are handled.

Thanks, sorry that did not work. Fucking Max!

vade
    Keymaster

Hi. I posted in the C74 forums dev section. Lets see if we get any info. Stay tuned.

hcgilje
    Participant

Hi,
    just to confirm that the not-very-convenient-method suggested in the dev thread works.

hc

bangnoise
    Keymaster

Thanks, good to know.

Glitchard Nixon
    Participant

heres the link to that page for people who run into this issue
    http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=29994

vade
    Keymaster

Nice. That makes me feel more sane. I wonder why copying into the Runtime worked, but not into the app *you made*?

MaxMSP I will never understand you, I will respect you from a distance and hope to not get caught up in your drama. *sigh*

hcgilje
    Participant

but it is still VERY inconvenient. If you don