Animation track for model loader

Home Forums v002 v002 QC Plugins Support Animation track for model loader

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ronin
    Participant

I will have time to have another go tonight but I tried to get the animation track working with the Model Loader with no success.

Is there a) a particular format it works with and b) any guidelines to creating a suitable model from Cinema 4D (particularly how to make the separate tracks with different IDs)

Thanks muchly for any assistance,
    Ronin

vade
    Keymaster

Collada has worked well for me. We used it for the Aphex Twin tour with the model loader. Give that a shot.

As for separate track ID’s, this is really dependent on how the exporter and model format work. Collada is, again, the best choice for the format.

emervark
    Participant

Just can’t understand animation.
    Tried with everything I can imagine. Cinema R12, Cinema R13 – Collada 1.4 & 1.5.
    With and without baked keyframes. Blender collada export. Autodesk FBXconverter,

prr.

Vade can you explain how you prepare model for animation? What tools?

At the moment I gave up and exported separate planes and animated them in QC. But still.

emervark
    Participant

Noup 😉 ?

vade
    Keymaster

Thats honestly out of scope for me. Look at info for loading models with animation for Open Asset Import Library (Assimp) – they have a mailing list and info on their site. If it works with Assimp it will work for our model loader.

Good luck.

emervark
    Participant

Ok, for the information.
    You just have to break objects to polygonal object, and keyframe animation works.

baboom 😉

emervark
    Participant

And for controlling animation track I used external timebase.
    Still dont undrestand for what this Animation ID is?

emervark
    Participant
    emervark
    Participant

vade can you explain little bit absolute and relative path thing in model importer?
    I can only load models from the external drive (qc has to be on external too)

Cant find a way to link and show model on desktop. (QC file is on desktop to)
    Tried with absolute and relative path.

Some bug?

vade
    Keymaster

./model.extension

if the QTZ and model.extension are in the same folder.

./relative/path/to/model.extension

with the QTZ being in the folder above “relative”

emervark
    Participant

Mhm, strange. It works when I’m doing new qc comp, with new model importer patch. If i change old one then nothing.

ok, good to know.
    tnx.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.